Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
MGH Waltham Allergy
52 Second Ave
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, University College Cork Medical School
- Residency, St. Vincent's University Hospital
- Fellowship, McMaster University Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Allergy & Immunology, American Board of Allergy and Immunology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
In 2007, I embarked on a novel study of dendritic cell function in patients with asthma. Previously, my research was clinically based and related predominantly to health care utilization and adherence patterns in asthma patients. During fellowship, I studied lymphocytotoxic and antiphospholipid antibodies in SLE and use of variable region genes usage in autoantibodies and IgE. I also evaluated in situ PCR. During residency, I co-authored publications in the field of rheumatology and gastroenterology.
- Long AA, Camargo CA Jr. Current practice of venom immunotherapy in the UK. Clin Exp Allergy. 2008 Oct;38(10):1576-8. Epub 2008 Jul 28.
- Long AA. Immunomodulators in the Treatment of Asthma. Allergy Asthma Proc 2009; 30: 109-119
- Long AA. Monoclonal Antibodies and Other Biologic Agents in the Treatment of Asthma. mAbs 2009; 1(3): 237- 246.
- Long, AA. Aeroallergen sensitization in asthma: Genetics, environment and pathophysiology. Allergy and Asthma Proceedings, 2010, 31: 89-95.
- Patil SU and Long AA. The usefulness of biomarkers of airway inflammation in managing asthma. Allergy and Asthma Proceedings, July 2010