Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Nantucket Cottage Hospital
57 Prospect Street
Nantucket, MA 02554
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowship, National Cancer Institute
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Browne, M.J.,;and Pizzo, P.A. Excess prevalence of Pneumocystis Carinii pneumonia in lymphoma patients treated with combination chemotherapy. Ann Intern Med. 1986; 104:338-344.
- Pizzo, P.A., Hiemenz, J., Hathorn, J.W., Browne, M.J.,Wesley, R.A. Randomized trial comparing Ceftazadime alone with combination antibiotic therapy in cancer patients with fever and neutropenia. N. Engl. J. Med. 1986; 315:522-559.
- Browne, M.J., et al and Pizzo, P.A. Infectious complications of intraventricular reservoirs in cancer patients. Review of Infectious Disease 1987; 6:182-189.
- Browne, M.J., Glatstein, E. et. al.Pizzo, P. A randomized trial of open lung biopsy versus empiric antimicrobial therapy in cancer patients with diffuse pulmonary infiltrates. Journal of Clinical Oncol 8: No. 2, 222-229, 1990.