Please join us in congratulating the 13 Mass General orthopaedic surgeons named Top Doctors by Boston magazine for 2022. This impressive achievement is a testament to the commitment of our clinical team to providing safe, high-quality care while ensuring an exceptional patient experience.
Hany Bedair, MD
Hany Bedair, MD
Chief, Hip and Knee Replacement Service
Medical Director, Kaplan Joint Center at NWH
Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Kaplan Joint Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
2014 Washington St.
Newton, MA 02462
Hip & Knee Replacement Service
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Fellowship, Rush University Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Bedair is interested in both basic science and clinical research aimed at improving outcomes for patients undergoing hip or knee replacement surgery and decreasing recovery time. He has recently won awards for his work in improving the diagnosis of infection after knee replacement surgery.
- Bedair H, Ting N, Jacovides C, Saxena A, Moric M, Parvizi J, Della Valle CJ. The Mark Coventry Award: Diagnosis of Early Postoperative TKA Infection Using Synovial Fluid Analysis. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010 Jun 29.
- Bedair H, Berli M, Gezer S, Jacobs JJ, Della Valle CJ. Hematologic Genetic Testing in High-risk Patients Before Knee Arthroplasty: A Pilot Study. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010 Sep 8.
- Bedair HS, Karthikeyan T, Quintero A, Li Y, Huard J. Angiotensin II receptor blockade administered after injury improves muscle regeneration and decreases fibrosis in normal skeletal muscle. Am J Sports Med. 2008 Aug;36(8):1548-54.
- Bedair H, Liu TT, Kaar JL, Badlani S, Russell AJ, Li Y, Huard J. Matrix metalloproteinase-1 therapy improves muscle healing. J Appl Physiol. 2007 Jun;102(6):2338-45.
- Ho, A, Bedair, H, Fu, F, Huard, J. The role of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) after acute exercise-induced muscle injuries, International SportMed Journal, Vol 5. No 3. 2004 pp. 209-227.
Related News and Articles
- Patient Story
- Jan | 1 | 2019
Gary's Story: Gary got back to spending quality time with grandkids after seeing the orthopaedic specialists at Mass General
Gary got back to spending quality time with grandkids after seeing the orthopaedic specialists at Mass General.