Neuroendocrine and Pituitary Tumor Clinical Center
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency, Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Fazeli is an NIH-funded investigator. Her research is focused in two areas:
1) Understanding hormonal adaptations to undernutrition and how they relate to the long-term consequences of undernutrition, such as loss of bone mass. This includes studying the role of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 21 in the human starvation response and understanding the role and function of marrow adipose tissue, a fat depot which is paradoxically increased in states of chronic undernutrition.
2) Understanding hormonal mediators of amenorrhea and infertility.