Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
- Clinical Informatics, American Board of Preventitive Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Research interests include
- Use of machine learning to improve the diagnostic value of laboratory testing
- Clinical decision support for laboratory testing
- Applications of informatics and big-data analytics to laboratory utilization management
- Enhanced creatinine and estimated glomerular filtration rate reporting to facilitate detection of acute kidney injury. Baron JM, Cheng XS, Bazari H, Bhan I, Lofgren C, Jaromin RT, Lewandrowski KB, Dighe AS. Am J Clin Pathol. 2015 Jan;143(1):42-9. doi: 10.1309/AJCP05XBCQPHTLGQ.
- Detection of preanalytic laboratory testing errors using a statistically guided protocol. Baron JM, Mermel CH, Lewandrowski KB, Dighe AS. Am J Clin Pathol. 2012 Sep;138(3):406-13. doi: 10.1309/AJCPQIRIB3CT1EJV.
- Measurement of high-sensitivity troponin T in noncardiac medical intensive care unit patients. Correlation to mortality and length of stay. Baron JM, Lewandrowski EL, Januzzi JL, Bajwa EK, Thompson BT, Lewandrowski KB. Am J Clin Pathol. 2014 Apr;141(4):488-93. doi: 10.1309/AJCPLVQQY35XTFVN.
- The 2013 symposium on pathology data integration and clinical decision support and the current state of field. Baron JM, Dighe AS, Arnaout R, Balis UJ, Black-Schaffer WS, Carter AB, Henricks WH, Higgins JM, Jackson BR, Kim J, Klepeis VE, Le LP, Louis DN, Mandelker D, Mermel CH, Michaelson JS, Nagarajan R, Platt ME, Quinn AM, Rao L, Shirts BH, Gilbertson JR. J Pathol Inform. 2014 Jan 31;5:2. doi: 10.4103/2153-3539.126145. eCollection 2014.