Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass Eye and Ear Waltham
1601 Trapelo Rd.
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, University of Vermont
- MD, University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Residency, New York University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Mass. Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye & Ear
American Board Certifications
- Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Hatch's main focus of research is in ectatic conditions of the cornea including keratoconus (KCN) and post LASIK ectasia. She was an investigator in a Phase IV clinical trial involving collagen crosslinking (CXL) for 5 years prior to its’ FDA approval in 2016. She was the first doctor to perform CXL at Mass Eye and Ear and is one of the busiest crosslinking specialists in the US. She is currently involved in a study investigating biomarkers for KCN, which could allow for early subclinical detection of the condition.
Dr. Hatch also has expertise in advanced techniques in cataract surgery, including femtosecond laser assisted cataract surgery and intraoperative aberrometry, refractive surgery (laser vision correction), and cutting-edge techniques in corneal transplantation. She was the first person in New England to perform intralase enabled deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty (IE-DALK) and is doing the most advanced techniques in endothelial keratoplasty, including DMEK (descemets membrane endothelial keratopasty).
1. Yong JJ, Hatch KM. Corneal Cross-Linking: An Effective Treatment Option for Pellucid Marginal Degeneration. Semin Ophthalmol. 2019; 34(7-8):512-517.
2. Wang M, Zhang Y, Wu W, Young JA, Hatch KM, Pineda R, Elze T, Wang Y. Predicting Refractive Outcome of Small Incision Lenticule Extraction for Myopia Using Corneal Properties. Transl Vis Sci Technol. 2018 Sep; 7(5):11.
3. Song C, Baharozian CJ, Hatch KM, Grassett GC, Talamo JH. Rate of Unplanned Vitrectomies in Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery Compared to Conventional Phacoemulsification. J Refract Surg. 2018 Sep 01; 34(9):610-614.
4. Song C, Baharozian CJ, Hatch KM, Talamo JH. Assessment of surgeon experience with femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery. Clin Ophthalmol. 2018; 12:1373-1377.
5. Brenner JE, Fadlallah A, Hatch KM, Choi C, Sayegh RR, Kouyoumjian P, Wu S, Frangieh GT, Melki SA. Accuracy of Visual Estimation of LASIK Flap Thickness. J Refract Surg. 2017 Nov 01; 33(11):765-767.