Cancer and its treatment can cause a considerable amount of stress for patients and their loved ones. Learn ways to cope during and after treatment, including looking at some stress-reducing apps.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Hematology/Oncology Bone Marrow Transplant
55 Fruit St
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Harvard Medical School/ BWH
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
American Board Certifications
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Research interests include:
- Outcomes and health services research in hematologic malignancies
- Designing supportive care interventions for patients with hematologic malignancies and those undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Developing interventions to enhance survivorship care for patients with hematologic malignancies and those undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Improving patient-physician research and enhancing communication
- Developing and testing palliative care intervention to optimize end-of-life care for patients with hematologic malignancies
- Press Release
- Dec | 17 | 2020
A first-of-its-kind intervention integrating palliative care early in the course of cancer therapy for patients with advanced acute myeloid leukemia resulted in substantial improvements in patients’ quality of life, mood and end-of-life care.