A cyst on her lumbar spine was causing immense pain for Janet. She saw Dr. Daniel Tobert in the Orthopaedic Spine Center to have that cyst removed.
Ashwin Babu, MD
Ashwin Babu, MD
Sports Medicine Physiatrist
Team Physician: New England Revolution, USA Paralympic Soccer; Consultant: New England Patriots, Boston Bruins, Harvard University, Curry College, Suffolk University
Associate Program Director: Spaulding/Harvard Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Training Program
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Orthopaedics: Sports Medicine Center at Charles River Plaza
175 Cambridge St.
Charles River Plaza
Boston, MA 02114
Orthopaedics at Mass General Waltham
52 Second Ave.
1st Floor, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
- MD, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Residency, Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine - Rehabil
- Fellowship, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Babu’s current academic interests include non-operative sports medicine, regenerative medicine and outcomes-based research.
- Babu, A. and Blauwet, C. (2017). Knee Injuries. In: M. Harrast and J. Finoff, ed., Knee Injuries and Conditions, 2nd ed. New York, New York: Demos Medical Publishing, pp.301-314.
- Cushman, D.M., Babu, A., Marshall, B. and Rho, M., 2016. The Motivational Influence of Milestone Times on 10-km Running Performance. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport, 16(2), pp.602-611.
- Kotler, D.H., Babu, A.N. and Robidoux, G., 2016. Prevention, evaluation, and rehabilitation of cycling-related injury. Current sports medicine reports, 15(3), pp.199-206.
- Babu, A.N., West, A., Joyce, A. and Borg-Stein, J., 2016. Hamstring injuries: review of current literature and return to play considerations. Current Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Reports, 4(2), pp.145-153.
- McCormick, Z.L., Cushman, D., Lee, D.T., Scholten, P., Chu, S.K., Babu, A.N., Caldwell, M., Ziegler, C., Ashraf, H., Sundar, B. and Clark, R., 2016. Is there a relationship between body mass index and fluoroscopy time during sacroiliac joint injection? A multicenter cohort study. Pain Medicine, 17(7), pp.1241-1248.
- Babu, A.N., Chu, S.K. and Reger, C., 2015. Poster 181 The Teaching Habits and Perspectives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residents. PM&R, 9(7), p.S151.
- Chu, S.K., Babu, A.N. and Wysocki, N.M., 2014. Poster 571 Impact of a Required Fourth-Year Medical Student Rotation in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. PM&R, 9(6), p.S385.
Related News and Articles
- May | 17 | 2019
The 2019 Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) meeting reflected a shift in focus from the progress of research at the MGH to the challenges facing members of the hospital’s research faculty.