Steve Makovitch, DO
Steve Makovitch, DO
Instructor, Harvard Medical School, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Waltham: Mass General Waltham
Mass General Orthopaedics: Sports Medicine Center at Waltham
52 Second Ave.
Waltham, MA 02451
159 Wells Ave.
Newton, MA 02459
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
300 First Ave.
Charlestown , MA 02129
- DO, University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency, McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University
- Residency, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Fellowship, University of Utah Hospital
- Fellowship, University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics
American Board Certifications
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehab
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Makovitch, S.A., Mills, C.A. & Eng, C. Update on Evidence-Based Diagnosis and Treatment of Acetabular Labral Tears. Curr Phys Med Rehabil Rep 8, 342–353 (2020).
Makovitch S, Eng C. Spine Injuries in Gymnasts. In: Sweeney E. (eds) Gymnastics Medicine. Springer, Cham, 2020.
Eng C, Makovitch S. Head and Neck Injuries in Gymnasts. In: Sweeney E. (eds) Gymnastics Medicine. Springer, Cham, 2020.
Makovitch S, Caldwell M, Atchison J. Spinal Manipulation: The Osteopathic Approach to Rehabilitation In “Principles of Rehabilitation Medicine”. Raj Mitra. New York, NY: McGraw Hill, 2019.
Petron D, Makovitch S. Neurologic Problems in the Athlete. 265-279. IN Netter’s Sports Medicine. Madden, Christopher et al. Elsevier Health Sciences, 2017
Makovitch S, Blauwet C. Traumatic Knee Injuries. In Gender and Sex Differences in Sports Medicine. Springer Publishing Company; 2016 May 28. New York, NY.
Henrie M, Makovitch S, Willick S. Sports Medicine Procedures IN Sports Medicine 2E: Study Guide and Review for Boards. Springer Publishing Company; 2016