Erica Greenberg, MD
Erica Greenberg, MD
Instructor, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
Psychiatrist, Massachusetts General Hospital
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- MD, WEILL MEDICAL COLLEGE OF CORNELL UNIVERSITY
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital***
- Residency, Harvard Longwood Psychiatry Residency Training Program
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
As the director of the Pediatric Psychiatry OCD and Tic Disorders Program, Dr. Greenberg specializes in working with individuals with tic disorder (including Tourette syndrome "TS") and co-occuring disorders, including OCD, ADHD and body-focused repetitive behavior disorders (BFRBs). Dr. Greenberg is currently the principal investigator (PI) of a behavioral treatment study evaluating whether a modified treatment may help improve tic, ADHD and quality of life symptoms in children/adolescents with tic disorders and co-occuring ADHD. Additionally she focuses on the phenomenological association between tic disorders, OCD and BFRBs (specifically trichotillomania and skin-picking disorder), and collaborates with the Tourette Syndrome Assocation International Consortium for Genetics (TSAICG) regarding better elucidating the genetic underpinnings of TS and related disorders.
- Greenberg E, Grant JE, Curley E, Lochner C, Woods DW, Tung E, Stein DJ, Redden SA, Scharf, JM, Keuthen N. Predictors of comorbid eating disorders and association with other obsessive compulsive spectrum disorders in trichotillomania. Compr Psychiatry. 2017 Oct;78:1-8.
- Greenberg E, Osiecki L, Tung E, Gauvin CA, Essa A, Illmann C, Sandor P, Dion Y, Lyon GL, King R, Darrow SM, Hirschtritt ME, Budman CL, Grados M, Lee P, Pauls DL, Keuthen N, Mathews CA, Scharf JM on behalf of the Tourette Syndrome Association International Consortium for Genetics. Prevalence and predictors of trichotillomania and excoriation disorder in Tourette syndrome. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2017 Nov 2. doi: 10.1007/s00787-017-1074-z.
- Yu D, Sul JH, Tsetsos F, Nawaz MS, Huang AY, Zelaya I, Illmann C, Osiecki L, Darrow SM, Mirschtritt ME, Greenberg E, et al. Interrogating the genetic determinants of TS and other tic disorders through genome-wide association studies. 2018. Accepted by American Journal of Psychiatry.
- Greenberg EL, Rubin DH. Tics and Tourette’s Disorder. In: Stern TA, Herman JB, Rubin DH, Eds. Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Update and Board Preparation, 4th Edition. MGH Psychiatry Academy, 2018. p77-81.
- Greenberg EL and Geller DA. Phenomenology and Standard Care of OCD in Children and Adolescents. In Ollendick T, Muris P and Farrell L Eds. “Innovations in CBT for Childhood Anxiety, OCD, and PTSD: Improving Access & Outcomes.” Cambridge University Press, 2019.