Please join us in congratulating the 13 Mass General orthopaedic surgeons named Top Doctors by Boston magazine for 2022. This impressive achievement is a testament to the commitment of our clinical team to providing safe, high-quality care while ensuring an exceptional patient experience.
Christopher Bono, MD
Christopher Bono, MD
Executive Vice Chair, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Program Director, Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program
Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Orthopaedic Spine Service
55 Fruit St.
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, SUNY Downstate College of Medicine
- Residency, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School
- Fellowship, UC San Diego Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Bono’s research is focused on assessing the results of common spinal conditions, focusing on patient-reported outcomes.
- Makanji H, Schoenfeld AJ, Bhalla A, Bono CM. Critical analysis of trends in lumbar fusion for degenerative disorders revisited: influence of technique on fusion rate and clinical outcomes. Eur Spine J. 2018 Mar 15.
- Miller LE, McGirt MJ, Garfin SR, Bono CM. Association of Annular Defect Width After Lumbar Discectomy With Risk of Symptom Recurrence and Reoperation: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Comparative Studies. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2018 Mar 1;43(5):E308-E315.
- Fehlings MG, Kopjar B, Ibrahim A, Tetreault LA, Arnold PM, Defino H, Kale SS, Yoon ST, Barbagallo GM, Bartels RHM, Zhou Q, Vaccaro AR, Zileli M, Tan G, Yukawa Y, Brodke DS, Shaffrey CI, Santos de Moraes O, Woodard EJ, Scerrati M, Tanaka M, Toyone T, Sasso RC, Janssen ME, Gokaslan ZL, Alvarado M, Bolger C, Bono CM, Dekutoski MB. Geographic variations in clinical presentation and outcomes of decompressive surgery in patients with symptomatic degenerative cervical myelopathy: analysis of a prospective, international multicenter cohort study of 757 patients. Spine J. 2018 Apr;18(4):593-605.
- Schoenfeld AJ, Sturgeon DJ, Burns CB, Hunt TJ, Bono CM. Establishing benchmarks for the volume-outcome relationship for common lumbar spine surgical procedures. Spine J. 2018 Jan;18(1):22-28.
- En'Wezoh DC, Leonard DA, Schoenfeld AJ, Harris MB, Zampini JM, Bono CM. Relationship between size of disc and early postoperative outcomes after lumbar discectomy. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2017 Jun;137(6):805-811.
Related News and Articles
- Patient Story
- Sep | 30 | 2020
Bobby's Story: How Bobby found relief from spinal stenosis with Dr. Bono and the Orthopaedic Spine Center.
Bobby's spinal stenosis was causing debilitating pain every day. After surgery with Dr. Bono he is back to doing the things he loves.