On March 6, a group of Mass General researchers began working round-the-clock to create a COVID-19 test. A mere week later, the test was being used on hospital patients, and Mass General would become one of the first academic medical centers to gain approval for a laboratory-developed COVID test.
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Infectious Diseases
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
American Board Certifications
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Microbiology, American Board of Pathology
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Christman, M.P. Turbett, S.E. Williamson, C.A. Nayak, L. Milligan, T. Katz, J.T. Recurrence of herpes simplex encephalitis with temozolomide chemoradiation for malignant glioma: a case report and review of the literature. Oxford Medical Case Reports 2014; 1:1.
- Baggett, M.V. Turbett, S.E. Schwartzenberg, S.S. Stone, J.R. Case 5-2014-A 59-year-old man with fever, confusion, thrombocytopenia, rash, and renal failure. New England Journal of Medicine 2014; 370:651.
- Crossley, K.M. Agnihotri, S. Chaganti, J. Rodriguez, M.L. McNally, L.P. Venna, N. Turbett, S.E. Gutman, M. Morey, A. Koralnik, I.J. Brew, B.J. Recurrence of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy despite immune recovery in two HIV seropositive individuals. Journal of NeuroVirology 2016; Jan 4 (Epub ahead of print).
- Mansour, M.K. and Turbett, S.E. Fecal ESBL screening: are we ready for this information? Clinical Infectious Diseases 2016; May 3 (Epub ahead of print).
- Eliott, D. Papaliodis, G.N. Durand, M.L. Turbett, S.E. Case 20-2016: A 50-year old man with cloudy vision, hearing loss, and unsteadiness. New England Journal of Medicine 2016; 374:2586.
- Azar, M.M., Turbett, S. E., Fishman, J.A., Pierce, V.M. "Donor-derived transmission of Candida auris during lung transplantation," Clinical Infectious Diseases, in press.
- Chu, J.T., Hossain, R., Silverblatt, F.J., Hyle, E.P., Turbett, S.E. A 21-Year-Old Woman with Fever, Headache, and Myalgias. New England Journal of Medicine 2017; 377:268.
- Park, L., Nelson, S.B., Turbett, S.E. A 59-year old woman with pain and swelling in the right hand and ankles. New England Journal of Medicine 2017; 377:1189.