Bill Hucker, MD, PhD
Bill Hucker, MD, PhD
Assistant in Medicine, Cardiac Arrhythmia Service
Instructor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Electrophysiology Lab/Arrhythmia Service
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, PhD, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
I am a physician scientist and cardiac electrophysiologist with a primary research interest to understand the underlying mechanisms of atrial fibrillation (AF) and its role in the development of heart failure. I began my research training studying cellular biomechanics, followed by my graduate work that focused on the cardiac conduction system. After several years of clinical training, I completed postdoctoral research training studying the role of novel genes that were associated with atrial fibrillation and continue in this line of investigation, hoping to identify new treatments for atrial fibrillation.
- Hucker WJ, Cohen JA, et al. WATCHMAN implantation in patients with a history of atrial fibrillation and intracranial hemorrhage. J Interv Card Electrophysiol 2019.
- Januzzi JL Jr, Ahmad T, Binder LG, Hucker WJ, et al. 2019 Methodology for Creating Expert Consensus Decision Pathways. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019.
- Weiner, RB, Hucker WJ, et al. Case 25-2018: A 63 year old Man with Syncope. NEJM 2018.
- Macri V, Brody JA, Arking DE, Hucker WJ, et al. Common Coding Variants in SCN10A are associated with Nav 1.8 Late Current and Cardiac Conduction. Circ Genom Precis Med. 2018
- Leyton-Mange JS*, Hucker WJ*, et al. Experience with Wearable Cardioverter-Defibrillators at 2 Academic Medical Centers. JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2018.
- Tomaselli GF, Mahaffey KW, Cuker A, Dobesh PP, Doherty JU, Eikelboom JW, Florido R, Hucker WJ, et al. 2017 ACC Expert Consensus Decision Pathway on Management of Bleeding in Patients on Oral Anticoagulants. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017.
- Hulsmans M, Clauss S, Xiao L, Aguirre AD, King KR, Hanley A, Hucker WJ, et al. Macrophages Facilitate Electrical Conduction in the Heart. Cell. 2017.
- Hucker WJ, Hanley A, Ellinor PT. Improving Atrial Fibrillation Therapy: Is There a Gene for That? J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017.
- Doherty JU, Gluckman TJ, Hucker WJ, et al. 2017 ACC Expert Consensus Decision Pathway for Periprocedural Management of Anticoagulation in Patients with Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017.