Boston, MAPhone: 617-726-2426
About Molly Thomas, MD, PhD
Molly Thomas, MD PhD is a physician in the Division of Gastroenterology at Massachusetts General Hospital and an Instructor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Thomas cares for patients with a broad range of gastrointestinal problems and specializes in treating immunologic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract including ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, microscopic colitis, eosinophilic esophagitis, celiac disease, and gastrointestinal toxicities resulting from the use of immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy. She performs upper endoscopies as well as diagnostic and screening colonoscopies.
She was born and raised in San Francisco, California and graduated with honors in Biological Sciences from Stanford University. She completed her medical degree at the University of California, San Francisco. There she also earned a PhD in immunology studying the epigenetic regulation of lymphocyte differentiation and effector function. Dr. Thomas completed her residency in internal medicine and fellowship training in gastroenterology at MGH. In addition to being a physician, she is an scientist who researches autoimmune gastrointestinal and liver diseases with an active focus on studying immune toxicities related to checkpoint inhibitor therapy used to treat cancer.
- Celiac disease
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn's and ulcerative colitis)
- Microscopic colitis
Mass General Gastroenterology
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- M.D.; Ph.D., UC San Francisco School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital*****
American Board Certifications
- Gastroenterology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - ACD
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan - PBO
- Medicare - ACD
- Medicare ACO - ACD
- Medicare ACO - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check appointments, communicate with your provider and pay bills online 24/7.
#1 Research Hospital in America
Mass General is the #1 hospital in New England based on U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals for 2022-2023.
Reviews: Comments and Ratings