John Y. Kwon, MD is no stranger to Massachusetts General Hospital. He recently returned to Mass General as the Associate Chief of our renowned Foot & Ankle Service and specializes in treating traumatic conditions, fractures, tendon ruptures, arthritis and deformity.
John Kwon, MD
John Kwon, MD
Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Surgeon
Associate Chief, Foot & Ankle Service
Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care, Suite 3F
Boston, MA 02114
Mass General/Newton Wellesley Foot & Ankle Center
52 Second Avenue
Building 52, 1st Floor, Suite 1150
Waltham, MA 02451
Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923
- MD, New York Medical College
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Mercy Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Kwon's research endeavors have focused on the diagnosis and treatment of foot and ankle fractures and other traumatic injuries. He has published over 120 peer-reviewed works and multiple book chapters on the topic.
- Agarwal-Harding KJ, Kapadia A, Banza LN, Chawinga M, Mkandawire N, Kwon JY. Improving Management of Adult Ankle Fractures in Malawi: An Assessment of Providers' Knowledge and Treatment Strategies. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2021 Feb 17;103(4):326-334. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.20.00660. PMID: 33369982.
- Kwon JY, Gitajn IL, Walton P, Miller TJ, Appleton P, Rodriguez EK. A cadaver study revisiting the original methodology of Lauge-Hansen and a commentary on modern usage. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015 Apr 1;97(7):604-9. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.N.00970. PMID: 25834086.
- Gitajn IL, Abousayed M, Toussaint RJ, Ting B, Jin J, Kwon JY. Anatomic Alignment and Integrity of the Sustentaculum Tali in Intra-Articular Calcaneal Fractures: Is the Sustentaculum Tali Truly Constant? J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014 Jun 18;96(12):1000-1005. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.M.00330. PMID: 24951735.
- Toussaint RJ, Lin D, Ehrlichman LK, Ellington JK, Strasser N, Kwon JY. Peroneal tendon displacement accompanying intra-articular calcaneal fractures. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014 Feb 19;96(4):310-5. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.L.01378. PMID: 24553887.