Gian Corrado, MD
Gian Corrado, MD
Director, Emergency Sports Medicine
Head Team Physician, Northeastern University
Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Harvard Medical School
Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Orthopaedics: Sports Medicine Center at Charles River Plaza
175 Cambridge St.
Charles River Plaza
Boston, MA 02114
- MD, Loyola University - Stritch School of Medicine
- Fellowship, Children's Hospital Boston
American Board Certifications
- Emergency Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Sports Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Corrado is the leader of a research team that is developing a new pre-participation screening practice to identify athletes at risk for sudden cardiac death (SCD). Nearly 150 competitive athletes suffer sudden cardiac death (SCD) annually in the United States, a potentially preventable tragic event that affects individuals, families and communities.
Dr. Corrado is researching the use of a portable ultrasound machine to detect heart abnormalities in young athletes rather than the standard history and physical that is used now. The hope is that Dr. Corrado's research will one day help to prevent those devastating and unforeseen deaths. Results show the protocol to be significantly faster, less costly and more accurate than current screening methods.
- Le HM, Schwartz RB, Corrado GD. Femoral Injury Over the Site of Spontaneous Regression of an Osteochondroma in a Teenage Athlete. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2021 Oct 01; 20(10):518-519.
- Dennison R, Kerkhof DL, Honda T, Calatroni R, Corrado GD. Feasibility of a Novel Strategy for Cardiovascular Screening During the Preparticipation Physical Examination. Clin J Sport Med. 2021 09 01; 31(5):407-413.
- Le HM, Downey BC, Lanois CJ, Miller PE, Stein CJ, Kerkhof DL, Corrado GD. Comparison of the Limb-lead Electrocardiogram to the 12-Lead Electrocardiogram for Identifying Conditions Associated with Sudden Cardiac Death in Youth Athletes. Am J Cardiol. 2021 08 01; 152:146-149.
- Jackson SS, Le HM, Kerkhof DL, Corrado GD. Point-of-Care Ultrasound, the New Musculoskeletal Physical Examination. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2021 Feb 01; 20(2):109-112.
- Jones JC, Sugimoto D, Kobelski GP, Rao P, Miller S, Koilor C, Corrado GD, Shipon DM. Meditation Monologue can Reduce Clinical Injection-Related Anxiety: Randomized Controlled Trial. J Evid Based Integr Med. 2021 Jan-Dec; 26:2515690X211006031.