- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Vascular biology
- Nuclear cardiology
- Coronary artery disease
- Medical Education
- MD, Fukushima Medical University
- Residency, Fukushima Medical University|Residency, Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Nuclear Medicine
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Research Summary
General Theme: Coronary Artery Disease And Treatment: Thrombolysis was introduced at MGH with Dr. Gold and Dr. Leinbach in 80's. Now I am interested in preventing atherosclerosis and peripheral artery disease including coronary artery disease. Both treatment and diagnostic Imaging are my interests
Hyperlipidemia: As part of above interest, I have been conducting Cholesterol transfer protein Inhibitor research in human as a Principle investigator at MGH.
Cardiac Imaging ( Nuclareat cardiology and molecular Imaging): Using my training in research and clinical expertise, new imaging agents have been investigated and currently a new PET imaging agent for myocardial perfusion and stress testing has been investigated as a part of multicenter trial. In addition, other metabolic imaging agents have been investigated: Free Fatty acid and myocardial imaging. Norepinephrine transporter imaging in heart failure patient.
PET and CT: Molecular dynamics of Myocardium or vasculature are key to understanding aging process as well as pathological process of cardiovascular illness. These imaging technology would provide a new insight and combined knowledge of anatomical and the state of molecular Cell Biology. Currently multiple studies have been planned.
- Original Articles
Yasuda T, Palacios IF, Dec GW, Fallon JT, Gold HK, Leinbach RC, Strauss HW, Khaw BA, Haber: Indium-111 monoclonal antimyosin antibody imaging in the diagnosis of acute myocarditis. Circulation 1987; 76:306-311.
Yasuda T, Gold HK, Leinbach RC, Saito T, Guerrero JL, Jang IK, Holt R, Fallon JT, Collen D. Lysis of rt-PA resistant platelet-rich coronary arterial thrombus with combined bolus injection of recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator (rt-PA) and anti-platelet GPIIIa antibody. J Am Coll Cardiol 1990; 16:1728-35.
Akutsu, Y, Gregory, S, Kardan A, Zervos GD, Thomas GS, Gewirtz H, Yasuda T. Delayed heart rate recovery after adenosine stress testing with supplemental arm exercise predicts mortality. J Nuc Cardiol 2009; 16: 54-62.
Physicians at the Massachusetts General Hospital Heart Center are investigating a new tool that could ease chronic chest pain in women.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Phone 1: 617-643-1552
Phone 2: 617-643-7943