Dr. Gervais' clinical and research interests are percutaneous tumor ablation, adult and pediatric nonvascular Interventional Radiology, and Abdominal Imaging.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Tumor ablation
- GU interventions
- Pediatric Nonvascular Interventions
- Cross-sectional imaging
- Medical Education
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Pediatric and Adult
Partial List of Publications - Complete and up to date listing available in Pubmed
Gervais DA, McGovern FJ, Wood BJ, Goldberg SN, McDougal WS, Mueller PR. Radiofrequency Ablation of Renal Cell Carcinoma: Early Clinical Experience. Radiology 2000; 217: 265-272.
Gervais DA, Francis J. McGovern, MD, Ronald S. Arellano, MD, W. Scott McDougal, MD, Peter R. Mueller, MD. Radiofrequency Ablation of Renal Cell Carcinoma: Clinical Experience and Technical Success in 42 Tumors. Radiology 2003; 26:417-424.
Gervais DA, McGovern FJ, Arellano RS, McDougal WS, Mueller PR. Radiofrequency Ablation of Renal Cell Carcinoma Part 1: Indications, Results, and Role in Patient Management over a Six-Year Period and Ablation of 100 Tumors. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2005; 185:64-71.
Gervais DA, Arellano RS, McGovern FJ, McDougal WS, Mueller PR. Radiofrequency Ablation of Renal Cell Carcinoma Part 2: Lessons Learned with Ablation of 100 Tumors. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2005; 185:72-80.
Six Mass General radiologists were recently inducted as American College of Radiology fellows, demonstrating a history of service and dedication to patients.
Dushyant Sahani, MD, Director of CT at Massachusetts General Hospital Imaging, answers parents’ questions on the June 2012 study in The Lancet that found that children who get several CT scans have a slightly higher chance of brain cancer and leukemia in later life.
A jungle has crept into the newly renovated MassGeneral Hospital for Children Pediatric Imaging Waiting Room.
Debra Gervais, MD, director of the Division of Pediatric Radiology at MassGeneral Hospital for Children, answers questions about children and radiation exposure.
MGH Hotline 5.08.09 Debra Gervais, MD, associate director of the Division of Abdominal Imaging and Intervention, has been named director of the Division of Pediatric Radiology for the MGH Department of Radiology. In her new role, Gervais will assume an administrative role working with pediatric radiologists and the leadership of MassGeneral Hospital for Children.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696