- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Cosmetic dermatology
- Multi-Ethnic Skin
- Skin of color
- Botox (botulinum toxin injections)
- Soft tissue fillers
- Laser hair removal
- Chemical peels
- Laser treatments
- Port wine stains and hemangiomas
- Body contouring
- Sun damaged skin
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Pediatric and Adult
Browse the latest local and national news articles featuring stories from basic research to innovative breakthroughs in cosmetic dermatology.
Sandy S. Tsao, MD, a laser and cosmetic expert specializing in ethnic skin, cautions that people with darker skin tones should choose a board-certified dermatologist who has experience with laser hair removal for people of all ethnicities.
Nearly 100 people attended the Midlife Women’s Health Community Conference on May 10. The event, in the O’Keeffe Auditorium, focused on the specific changes in the health of women at midlife and was free for patients, staff and members of the hospital community.
Researchers in the Wellman Center for Photomedicine at Massachusetts General Hospital have discovered how to stitch human wounds with a laser. This treatment reduces scarring and may also reduce the chance of infection.
Keeping Skin Healthy as the Clock Ticks
Sandy Tsao, MD, a specialist in laser and cosmetic dermatology, discusses strategies for keeping skin healthy as we age. Her presentation addresses causes of sun damage, methods for protection, and strategies for reversing sun damage to the skin. This presentation is a part of the Midlife Women's Health Center's annual community conference.
Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic Center
Mass General's Dermatology, Laser and Cosmetic Center's depth of experience is unmatched. Only board-certified dermatologists perform procedures.
50 Staniford Street
Boston, MA 02114-2517
50 Staniford St
Boston, MA 02114