- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Minimally invasive CABG
- Pediatric cardiac anesthesia
- Cardiac anesthesia
- Medical Education
- MD, MGM Medical College
- Residency, M.Y. Hospital
- Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospital|Fellowship, University of Alabama Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Teaching adult and pediatric cardiac anesthesiology subjects to residents and fellows
- Teaching adult and pediatric cardiac trans esophageal echocardiography to residents and fellows
- Teaching pediatric cardiac post-surgical patient care to PICU fellows
- Participate in teaching and giving lectures in topics related to pediatric and adult cardiac anesthesia in national conferences in India; give talks on similar topics in various institutes and university hospitals in India and Ghana, Africa.
- Part of Children's Hospital Pediatric Cardiac surgical team to manage patients with congenital heart disease, pre-, per- and post-operatively and help them eventually to start pediatric cardiac institute, first in West Africa
- Involved in administrative activities in day to day working in pediatric cardiac subdivision of cardiac anesthesiology at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Co-investigator in randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multi-center study to evaluate the cardioprotective effects of MC-1 in patients undergoing high risk CABG surgery, 2006.
- Worked as co-investigator in Primo CABG trial II competed in April 2006.
- Worked as a principal investigator in phase III trial of Pexlizumab in November 2003, Massachusetts General Hospital, 2002-2003.
- 2002-2003: Principal investigator in phase 3 trial of Pexlizumab. Massachusetts General Hospital.
- 2006: Co-investigator. Randomized, double blinded, placebo controlled, multicenter study to evaluate the cardioprotective effects of MC-1 in patients undergoing high risk CABG surgery.
- April 2006: Co-investigator in completed Primo CABG trial II.
- 1. Mann D, Qu JZ, Mehta V. Congenital heart diseases with left-to-right shunts. Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2004 Fall;42(4):45-58. Review.
2. Mann D, Mehta V. Cardiovascular embryology. Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2004 Fall;42(4):15-28.
3. Levine WC, Mehta V, Landesberg G. Anesthesia for the elderly: selected topics. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2006 Jun;19(3):320-4. Review.
4. Off Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting - Avoiding Common Anesthesia Errors. Published July 2007.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696