- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Facial pain
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Temporomandibular joint disease (TMJ)
- Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Medical Education
- DMD, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- BDS, University of London
- Residency, Guy's Hospital|Residency, Kings College Hospital|Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Delta Dental
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicaid Dental
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New Hampshire Dental
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Born in the
In 1973, Dr. Keith spent three months on an Exchange program with the Massachusetts General Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and has been on staff since. He received his DMD from Harvard School of Dental Medicine and is currently Clinical Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Keith has edited a book on Temporomandibular Joint Surgery and an Atlas of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He has authored over 100 original papers, book chapters and reviews in these fields.
Dr. Keith sees patients at both our Boston hospital-based practice as well as at our Danvers facility.
- Loveless TP, Bjornland T, Dodson TB, Keith DA. Efficacy of Temporomandibular Joint Ankylosis Surgical Treatment. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010 Mar 19.
- Scrivani SJ, Keith DA, Kaban LB. Temporomandibular disorders. N Engl J Med. 2008 Dec 18;359(25):2693-705.
- Scrivani SJ, Chandwani B, Keith DA, Kahn M, Heilman C. Women with severe facial pain. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2009 Feb;107(2):151-6.
- Keith DA. Complications of temporomandibular joint surgery. Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2003 May;15(2):187-94.
- Keith DA. Custom-made total temporomandibular joint prosthesis. Atlas Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2005 Mar;13(1):83-9.
- DaSilva AF, Shaefer J, Keith DA. The temporomandibular joint: clinical and surgical aspects. Neuroimaging Clin N Am. 2003 Aug;13(3):573-82.
- Orup HI Jr, Holmes LB, Keith DA, Coull BA. Craniofacial skeletal deviations following in utero exposure to the anticonvulsant phenytoin: monotherapy and polytherapy. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2003 Feb;6(1):2-19.
- Scrivani SJ, Keith DA. Temporomandibular disorders. Dent Today. 2000 Jul;19(7):78-87.
- Aghabeigi B, Hiranaka D, Keith DA, Kelly JP, Crean SJ. Effect of orthognathic surgery on the temporomandibular joint in patients with anterior open bite. Int J Adult Orthodon Orthognath Surg. 2001;16(2):153-60.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
104 Endicott St
Danvers, MA 01923