- Clinical Interests
- General internal medicine
- Women's health care
- Chronic disease management
- Adult primary care medicine
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Research Summary
- Dr. Mort's research has focused on clinical decision making and quality improvement strategies.
- Mort E, Demehin A, Marple K, McCullough K, Meyer G. Setting Quality and Safety priorities in a target risk environment. Academic Medicine, 2013 August, 88(8) 1099-1104.
McCabe, JM, Kennedy, KF, Eisenhauer, AC, Waldman, HW, Mort, EA, Pomeraztsev, E, Resnic, FS, Yeh, RW. Reporting trends and outcomes in ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction national hospital quality assessment programs. Circulation. 2014:129-194-202.
Rigotti N, Bitton A, Kelley JK, Hoeppner BB, Levy DE, Mort E. Offering population based tobacco treatment in a healthcare setting. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2011 Nov;41(5)498-503.
Donelan K, Rogers RS, Eisenhauer A, Mort E, Agnihotri AK. Consumer comprehension of surgeon performance data for cardiac surgery. Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2011: May;91(4):1400-5;discussion 1405-6
Eisenhauer, A, Mort, EA. Guidelines for Therapy of ST Segment Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction. Critical Pathways Cardiology. 2008 Mar; 7(1):11-20.
Mort EA, Clinical decision-making in the face of scientific uncertainty: hormone replacement therapy as an example. The Journal of Family Practice 1996; 42:147-151.
Leads by example. Proactive. Inspires. Dedicated. Strong advocate. These words and phrases stood out time and time again in the nominations for this year’s MGH Patient Safety Stars.
The MGH Acute Stroke Care Team was honored at the MGH Acute Stroke Gala Breakfast.
The MGH Disparities Committee explores trends in patient satisfaction connected to racial, ethnic and linguistic disparities in health care.
The high and rising cost of health care has brought increased emphasis on the need to optimize the use of hospital services.
RECENT HEALTH CARE REFORM efforts have brought a shift to more value-based, patient-centered care. As a result, patient-reported outcomes are an increasingly relevant way to evaluate and measure the effectiveness of health care.
MGH Hotline 4.1.11 From the time a person first experiences symptoms of a heart attack, such as shortness of breath or chest discomfort, to the time he or she undergoes cardiac catheterization -- a procedure used to diagnose and treat a blocked coronary artery -- every second is of utmost importance.
MGH Hotline 1.21.11 Jeremy Rodriquez, 19, is just one of the Boston residents helped by the funds donated to this year's MGH United Way campaign.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Phone 1: 617-724-6700
Phone 2: 617-726-5215