James A. Gordon, MD, MPA, is Chief of the Division of Medical Simulation in the Department of Emergency Medicine, and Director of the Learning Laboratory at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Clinical Interests
- Medical simulation
- Social Emergency Medicine
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Residency, University of Michigan Hospitals
- Fellowship, University of Michigan Hospitals
- Board Certifications
- Emergency Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and Pediatric
- Provider Gender
Dr. Gordon directs the Gilbert Program in Medical Simulation at Harvard Medical School, where he is a Professor of Medicine (Emergency Medicine) and Academy Scholar. Dr. Gordon co-founded the Institute for Medical Simulation at the Center for Medical Simulation in Cambridge, Massachusetts. His work has been featured in the New Yorker magazine, and highlighted as medical news in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).
- Research Summary
- Dr. Gordon served as principal investigator and national co-chair of the first federally-funded research consensus conference on simulation in healthcare, and was a founding board member of the international Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
The MGH Learning Laboratory recently piloted an in-situ simulation space in the Emergency Department, as part of the Department of Emergency Medicine’s Quality and Safety Olympics.
MGH Hotline 4.29.11 THEY SAY THAT PRACTICE makes perfect. The new MGH Learning Laboratory, located on the second floor of the Treadwell Library in Bartlett Hall, was created to provide a collaborative environment for MGH caregivers to do just that.
Celebrating 200 Years: 1811 - 2011
Since 1811, people have counted on Mass General for answers, innovations and medical leadership. As our third century dawns, we remain ready to serve.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696