Dr. Hoang is the medical director of the Imunohistochemistry Laboratory of Department of Pathology. She offers courses in consultations in dermatopathology cutaneous reactions, and in the role of immunnohistochemistry in diagnosing tumors of cutaneous appendages.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Medical Education
- MD, UT Southwestern Medical School
- Residency, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Fellowship, Duke University Medical Center|Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Hoang is an anatomic pathologist specializing in dermatopathology. She is the medical director of the Pathology immunohistochemistry laboratory at Mass General Hospital. She was the course director of the Harvard Combined Dermatopathology Update course held annually at the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel from 2008-2017. She lectures at the annual American Society of Dermatopathology meetings, annual American Academy of Dermatology meetings, annual International Society of Dermatopathology meetings, and annual United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology meetings. She has published over 150 articles, and has authored and edited four books: "Melanocytic Lesions: a Case Based Approach", "Vulvar Pathology", "Cutaneous Hematopathology", and "Immunohistochemistry in Diagnostic Dermatopathology".
- Research Summary
Dr. Hoang's research focuses on the diagnostic utility of immunohistochemistry in cutaneous neoplasms and the development of educational platforms using the latest technology. For more information about research concepts, co-authors, and to see a timeline, visit Dr. Hoang's profile at the Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center.
- Mendez-Pena JE, Sadow PM, Nose V, Hoang MP. RNA chromogenic in situ hybridization assay with clinical automated platform is a sensitive method in detecting high-risk human papillomavirus in squamous cell carcinoma. Hum Pathol 2017 May;63:184-189. PubMed PMID: 28302536.
- Su Y, Goncalves T, Dias-Santagata D, Hoang MP. Immunohistochemical detection of ROS1 fusion. Am J Clin Pathol. 2017 Jan 1;147(1):77-82. PubMed PMID: 28007702.
- Dias-Santagata D, Su Y, Hoang MP. Immunohistochemical detection of NRASQ61R mutation in diverse tumor types. Am J Clin Pathol. 2016 Jan;145(1):29-34. PubMed PMID: 26712868.
- Lee JJ, Mochel MC, Piris A, Boussahmain C, Mahalingam M, Hoang MP. p40 exhibits better specificity than p63 in distinguishing primary skin adnexal carcinomas from cutaneous metastases. Hum Pathol. 2014 May;45(5):1078-83. doi:10.1016/j.humpath.2014.01.006. Epub 2014 Jan 28. PubMed PMID: 24746214.
- Routhier CA, Mochel MC, Lynch K, Dias-Santagata D, Louis DN, Hoang MP. Comparison of 2 monoclonal antibodies for immunohistochemical detection of BRAF V600E mutation in malignant melanoma, pulmonary carcinoma, gastrointestinal carcinoma, thyroid carcinoma, and gliomas. Hum Pathol. 2013 Nov;44(11):2563-70. doi: 10.1016/j.humpath.2013.06.018. Epub 2013 Sep 24. PubMed PMID: 24071017.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696