- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Soft tissue sarcoma
- Stomach (gastric) cancer
- Retroperitoneal sarcoma
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST)
- Carcinoid tumor
- Desmoid tumor
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Medical Education
- MD, UC Davis School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital|Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Waltham: Mass General Waltham
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
- Research Summary
I am active in clinical and translational research in an effort to optimize the treatment and outcomes of patients with soft tissue sarcomas, desmoid tumors, and cancers of the stomach.
Current Translational Research Projects:
Principal Investigator. Comparative Genomics of Retroperitoneal Liposarcoma.
Current Prospective Clinical Trials:
Phase I/II Trial of Pre-Operative Image Guided Intensity Modulated Proton Radiation Therapy (IMPT) with Simultaneously Integrated Boost to the High Risk Margin for Retroperitoneal Sarcomas.
Phase I Trial of Bevacizumab, Metronomic Doxorubicin, and Radiation Therapy for Resectable Soft Tissue Sarcomas.
Ahmad R, Schmidt BH, Rattner DW, Mullen JT. Factors influencing readmission after curative gastrectomy for gastric cancer. J Am Coll Surg 2014;218:1215-1222.
Schoenfeld JD, et al. The impact of positive margins on outcome among patients with gastric cancer treated with radiation. Am J Clin Oncol 2014;Feb 26 (epub ahead of print).
Look-Hong NJ, Hornicek FJ, Harmon DC, et al. Neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for patients with high-risk extremity and truncal sarcomas: A 10-year single institution retrospective study. Eur J Cancer 2012;49:875-883.
Mullen JT et al. b-Catenin mutation status and outcomes in sporadic desmoid tumors. Oncologist 2013;18:1043-1049.
Mullen JT et al. Prognostic significance of treatment-induced pathologic necrosis in extremity and truncal soft tissue sarcoma after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy. Cancer 2014.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
52 Second Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451