- Centers & Specialties
- Medical Education
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Abigail Donovan, MD is an Associate Psychiatrist at the Massachusetts General Hospital and an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. She is the Director of the First Episode and Early Psychosis Program and the Associate Director of the Acute Psychiatry Service at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Dr. Donovan earned her Bachelor of Science and Medical Degree from Yale University. She completed an internship in Pediatric medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital. She then completed her residency in Adult Psychiatry, and her fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, both at the Massachusetts General Hospital and McLean Hospital training program. Dr. Donovan is a former member of the Board of Trustees of the American Psychiatric Association (APA), where she represented the national interests of residents and fellows. She has also served as a consultant to the APA's Council on Children, Adolescents and their Families. She is the co-author of the book "Suicide by Security Blanket, and Other Stories from the Child Psychiatry Emergency Service".
- Research Summary
In her role as Director of the First Episode and Early Psychosis Program (FEPP), Dr. Abigail Donovan is focused on the early detection and treatment of schizophrenia in adolescents and adults. She is the principal investigator of an ongoing study focused on understanding the factors which predict good outcomes in first episode psychosis patients.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696