Benjamin A. White, M.D. is an attending physician at the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Emergency Medicine. He is also an assistant professor of surgery at Harvard Medical School.
- Clinical Interests
- Emergency Department Operations
- Process Improvement
- Hospital Overcrowding
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Emergency Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and Pediatric
- Provider Gender
Dr. Benjamin A. White, an attending physician at the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Emergency Medicine, received his M.D. from Harvard Medical School. He then completed his residency in Emergency Medicine at the Harvard Affiliate Emergency Medicine Residency Program (HAEMR) at Brigham and Women's Hospital and MGH, where he was Chief Resident in his final year. Dr. White completed a clinical fellowship in medicine at Harvard Medical School. He is also an instructor in surgery at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. White serves as the Assistant Director of the MGH Emergency Department Operations Committee. Dr. White has an interest in emergency department systems engineering, and has developed new methods to deliver emergency care more efficiently with less cost. He is also interested in using process improvement methodologies (LEAN, Six Sigma) to enhance the efficiency of the Emergency Department. Dr. White has lectured for the residents of Emergency Medicine at both MGH and Brigham and Women's Hospital.
- Research Summary
- Dr. White is a member of the MGH Emergency Department Research Committee. He has focused his research on systems engineering; testing new methods to deliver emergency care more effectively and efficiently using process improvement techniques. Dr. White is also interesting in studying clinical operations and the association with improving the quality of care. He has co-authored numerous scientific and medical publications.
Celebrating 200 Years: 1811 - 2011
Since 1811, people have counted on Mass General for answers, innovations and medical leadership. As our third century dawns, we remain ready to serve.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696