- Clinical Interests
- Sinus surgery
- Chronic rhinosinusitis
- Sinonasal neoplasms
- Endoscopic skull base surgery
- Medical Education
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
- Research Summary
- Dr. Gray's research investigates the current approaches to treating chronic rhinosinusitis, particularly for patients with a prior history of radiation therapy and surgery for sinonasal malignancies. She is interested in how these treatments impact long-term sinonasal quality of life. Additionally, Dr. Gray has collaborated with Dr. Daniel Hamilos, an allergist-immunologist at MGH, pursuing research efforts in the area of innate mucosal immunity of the paranasal sinuses.
Yamin M, Holbrook EH, Gray ST, Harold R, Busaba N, Sridhar A, Powell KJ, Hamilos DL. Cigarette smoke combined with Toll-like receptor 3 signaling triggers exaggerated epithelial regulated upon activation, normal T-cell expressed and secreted/CCL5 expression in chronic rhinosinusitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008 Dec;122(6):1145-1153.
Gray ST, Chen YL, Lin DT. Efficacy of Proton Beam Therapy in the Treatment of Ewing's Sarcoma of the Paranasal Sinuses and anterior skull base. Skull Base. 2009 November; 19(6):409-416.
Shin JJ, Shapiro J, Gray ST, Cunningham M. Validation of Clinical Practice Ability Instrument. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surg. 2010 Apr;142(4):493-9.el.
Gray S, Shin J, Metson R. Oral antibiotic therapy for one month or longer: Impact on sinonasal symptoms, quality of life. Evidence-based Otolaryngology. New York, NY: Springer;2008.
Gray S, Shin J, Metson R. Aerosolized antibiotics: Impact on sinonasal outcomes. Evidence-based Otolaryngology. New York, NY: Springer;2008.
Gray S, Shin J, Metson R. Intranasal antifungal therapy: Impact on computed tomography, symptoms, quality of life, and endoscopy. Evidence-based Otolaryngology. New York, NY: Springer;2008.
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114 - 3002
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114