- Clinical Interests
- Adult primary care medicine
- General internal medicine
- Medical Education
- MD, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School
- Residency, Cornell University Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
April 13, 2018 was proclaimed Dr. Joseph Betancourt Day in the city of Boston by Mayor Martin J. Walsh.
“Where are we? What must we do? What does the future hold?” These were the three final questions posed by W. Michael Byrd, MD, MPH, and Linda Clayton, MD, MPH, during the Feb. 16 seminar “Racial & Ethnic Health & Health Care Disparities & Dysfunction: Historical & Contemporary Issues.”
The American Hospital Organization (AHA) has awarded the MGH the first-ever AHA Equity Care Award in recognition of its efforts to reduce health care disparities and promote diversity within the hospital’s leadership and staff.
Ten years after the creation of the MGH Committee on Racial and Ethnic Disparities, Joseph Betancourt, MD, discusses the progress made and the need for continued advancements.
The MGH Disparities Committee explores trends in patient satisfaction connected to racial, ethnic and linguistic disparities in health care.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117