- Clinical Interests
- Neuropsychiatry (Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Rheum/ID)
- Early onset dementia
- Geriatric medicine
- Multi-disciplinary teaching for clinical neurosciences
- Patient and family centered care
- Palliative care in neuropsychiatric diseases
- Medical Education
- MPH, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
- MD, Lebanese University
- Residency, Harvard Longwood Neurology Program|Residency, Harvard South Shore Psychiatry Residency Training
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United Behavioral Health - MGH
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
- Research Summary
- Research Interests:
1. Global Delivery of Neuropsychiatry Services
2. Systems Issues in Aging
3. Systems Issues in Early Onset Dementia
4. Needs Assessment/Cost-Effective Care in low mid-level income countries
5. Gender equity in Medical Care
6. Neuropsychiatry Education
7. Peace in Medicine
- Bazzi L, Borba C, Carney J, Chemali Z. Capacity Building in Alzheimer's disease: Lessons learned from a pilot study in 6 distinct areas in Lebanon. Science Domain- Journal Scientific Research and Reports. 2014; 3(1):185-203.
- Chemali ZN, Borba CP, Henderson TE, Tesfaye M. Making strides in women's mental health care delivery in rural Ethiopia: demographics of a female outpatient psychiatric cohort at Jimma University Specialized Hospital (2006-2008). Int J Women's Health. 2013; 5:413-9.
- Fremonta Meyer and Zeina Chemali. On education: Teaching the Neurology-Psychiatry interface using a flexible quadrant model US. Clinical Neuropsychiatry. 2013; Epub 1-3.
- Collier S, Henderson T, Tesfaye M, Abafita J, Tarbi E, Pietras A, Chemali Z. International Journal of Culture and Mental Health. Microfinance and Women's Health: An Evaluation of Women's Health Behaviors in Jimma, Ethiopia. 2012.
- Chemali Z, Schamber S, Tarbi E, Acar D, Avila-Urizar M. Diagnosing early onset dementia and then what? A frustrating system of aftercare resources. Int J Gen Med. 2012; 5:81-6.
- La Salvia E, Chemali Z. A perspective on psychosis in late life and deficits in social cognition. Harv Rev Psychiatry. 2011 Jul-Aug; 19(4):190-7.
- Searl MM, Borgi L, Chemali Z. It is time to talk about people: a human-centered healthcare system. Health Res Policy Syst. 2010; 8:35.
- Chahine LM, Chemali ZN. Update on mental health care in Lebanon. East Mediterr Health J. 2010 Jul; 16(7):807.
- Chahine LM, Acar D, Chemali Z. The elderly safety imperative and antipsychotic usage. Harv Rev Psychiatry. 2010 Jun; 18(3):158-72.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
Phone 1: 617-724-5600
Phone 2: 617-726-6485