Dr. Raymond Liu is board certified in both Diagnostic Radiology and Interventional Radiology. As a core member of the Division of Interventional Radiology, Dr. Liu’s clinical specialties include interventional oncology and vascular malformations. His research interests focus on operations and cost effectiveness in health care systems. As a leader in the Dept. of Radiology, Dr. Liu focuses on streamlining delivery of imaging services to MGH.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Interventional oncology
- Pediatric interventions
- Vascular malformations
- Varicose veins
- Venous disease
- Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiecta
- Peripheral artery disease
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Lowell: Lowell General Hospital
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Maine Community Health Options (MCHO)
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and Pediatric
- Provider Gender
Dr. Raymond Liu serves as both the Service Chief for Operational Redesign and Director of the Radiology Consulting Group in the Department of Radiology at Massachusetts General Hospital. In these roles, Dr. Liu focuses on operational efficiency and new business development for the department of radiology. In addition, he is a core member of the Division of Interventional Radiology at Massachusetts General Hospital. He graduated from Harvard College and Harvard Medical school, and went on to complete dual residencies in pediatrics and diagnostic imaging at Columbia University in New York City. Dr. Liu returned to Boston to complete fellowship in interventional radiology at Brigham and Women's Hospital, including training at Children's Hospital of Boston. Upon joining Massachusetts General Hospital, Dr. Liu has focused his clinical interests in the fields of interventional oncology and pediatric interventions with a special interest in Hemorrhagic Hereditary Telangiectasia. His research interests are focused on economics of interventional radiology, operational efficiency, and cost-effectiveness, building upon previous positions as a healthcare consultant for McKinsey & Co. Dr. Liu lives in Brookline, MA with his wife and three children.
- Research Summary
- Dr. Raymond Liu has centered his research interests on the areas of cost-effectiveness and operational efficiency, with specific application to the field of interventional radiology. Building upon his past experiences as a consultant at McKinsey & Co., Dr. Liu has examined factors that affect best practices in the operational flow in the interventional procedure suite. In additional, he has specific interests at comparing cost-effectiveness amongst various new technologies in the field of interventional radiology.
Balow JE Jr, Liu R, et al. allows Identification of haplotype-sharing among ethnic groups. Genomics. 1997.
Liu, R., et al. interventional radiology practice. SIR. 2011.
Liu, R., et al. "Selective Fetal Reduction using Radiofrequency Ablation in Monochorionic Multiple Gestations: Our Early Experience." JVIR. 2009.
Liu, R., et al.@Cost-Effectiveness Analysis for Imaging Procedures. RSNA 2010.
Liu, R., Pearson, G. AJR. 2008.
Sung, J., Friese, J., Liu, R., Baum, RA.@Building Brand Equity for Interventional Radiology Practices: a Fundamental Component of a Blue Ocean StrategyN SIR. 2011.
Melissa talks about struggling with fibroids
Melissa Leverett King is an active mom and teacher who lived with limiting discomfort and pain until she got treated for fibroids with UFE (uterine fibroid embolization).
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Phone 1: 617-643-4723
Phone 2: 617-726-8614