Yamini J. Howe, MD, is a Board Certified Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrician on staff at the Lurie Center for Autism, a multidisciplinary program that treats children, adolescents and adults with autism spectrum and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Early Childhood Development and Behavior
- Medical Education
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Rhode Island Hospital/Lifespan
- Fellowship, Rhode Island Hospital/Lifespan
- Board Certifications
- Developmental - Behavioral Pediatrics
- Lexington: Lurie Center for Autism
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Yamini Jagannath Howe is a developmental behavioral pediatrician at the Lurie Center and a clinical instructor at Harvard Medical School. She joined the Lurie Center staff after completing a fellowship in Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics at Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital in 2012. Dr.
Howe has a strong interest in diagnosis and ongoing care for young children who have learning, behavioral or communication challenges, including autism spectrum disorders. She works with families to coordinate and develop comprehensive treatment plans that may include medication and other therapies to support their child's ongoing development.
- Research Summary
1: Sices L, Pawlowski K, Farfel L, Phillips D, Howe Y, Cochran DM, Choueiri R,Forbes PW, Brewster SJ, Frazier JA, Neumeyer A, Bridgemohan C. Feasibility ofConducting Autism Biomarker Research in the Clinical Setting. J Dev BehavPediatr. 2017 Sep;38(7):483-492. doi: 10.1097/DBP.0000000000000470. PubMed PMID: 28723825.2: Rengit AC, McKowen JW, O'Brien J, Howe YJ, McDougle CJ. Brief Report: AutismSpectrum Disorder and Substance Use Disorder: A Review and Case Study. J AutismDev Disord. 2016 Jul;46(7):2514-9. doi: 10.1007/s10803-016-2763-z. Review. PubMedPMID: 26944591.3: Howe YJ, O'Rourke JA, Yatchmink Y, Viscidi EW, Jones RN, Morrow EM. FemaleAutism Phenotypes Investigated at Different Levels of Language and Developmental Abilities. J Autism Dev Disord. 2015 Nov;45(11):3537-49. doi:10.1007/s10803-015-2501-y. PubMed PMID: 26100851; PubMed Central PMCID:PMC4609595.4: Crowley B, Howe YJ, McDougle CJ. Topiramate for weight loss in two young adultwomen with autism spectrum disorder. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2015Mar;25(2):183-5. doi: 10.1089/cap.2014.0140. Epub 2015 Mar 6. PubMed PMID:25746055.5: Howe YJ, Yatchmink Y, Viscidi EW, Morrow EM. Ascertainment and gender inautism spectrum disorders. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2014Jun;53(6):698-700. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2014.04.003. PubMed PMID: 24839890; PubMedCentral PMCID: PMC4288969.
1 Maguire Road
Lexington, MA 02421-3114