Yamini J. Howe, MD, is a Board Certified Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrician on staff at the Lurie Center for Autism, a multidisciplinary program that treats children, adolescents and adults with autism spectrum and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Early Childhood Development and Behavior
- Medical Education
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Rhode Island Hospital/Lifespan
- Fellowship, Rhode Island Hospital/Lifespan
- Board Certifications
- Developmental - Behavioral Pediatrics
- Lexington: Lurie Center for Autism
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - ACD
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Dr. Yamini Jagannath Howe is a developmental behavioral pediatrician at the Lurie Center and a clinical instructor at Harvard Medical School. She joined the Lurie Center staff after completing a fellowship in Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics at Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital in 2012. Dr.
Howe has a strong interest in diagnosis and ongoing care for young children who have learning, behavioral or communication challenges, including autism spectrum disorders. She works with families to coordinate and develop comprehensive treatment plans that may include medication and other therapies to support their child's ongoing development.
- Research Summary
- Sices L, Pawlowski K, Farfel L, Phillips D, Howe Y, Cochran DM, Choueiri R, Forbes PW, Brewster SJ, Frazier JA, Neumeyer A, Bridgemohan C. Feasibility of Conducting Autism Biomarker Research in the Clinical Setting. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2017 Sep;38(7):483-492. doi: 10.1097/DBP.0000000000000470. PubMed PMID: 28723825.
- Rengit AC, McKowen JW, O'Brien J, Howe YJ, McDougle CJ. Brief Report: Autism Spectrum Disorder and Substance Use Disorder: A Review and Case Study. J Autism Dev Disord. 2016 Jul;46(7):2514-9. doi: 10.1007/s10803-016-2763-z. Review. PubMed PMID: 26944591.
- Howe YJ, O'Rourke JA, Yatchmink Y, Viscidi EW, Jones RN, Morrow EM. Female Autism Phenotypes Investigated at Different Levels of Language and Developmental Abilities. J Autism Dev Disord. 2015 Nov;45(11):3537-49. doi: 10.1007/s10803-015-2501-y. PubMed PMID: 26100851; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4609595.
- Crowley B, Howe YJ, McDougle CJ. Topiramate for weight loss in two young adult women with autism spectrum disorder. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2015 Mar;25(2):183-5. doi: 10.1089/cap.2014.0140. Epub 2015 Mar 6. PubMed PMID: 25746055.
- Howe YJ, Yatchmink Y, Viscidi EW, Morrow EM. Ascertainment and gender in autism spectrum disorders. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2014 Jun;53(6):698-700. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2014.04.003. PubMed PMID: 24839890; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4288969.
1 Maguire Road
Lexington, MA 02421-3114