Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Electrophysiology Lab/Arrhythmia Service
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Residency, New York Presbyterian Columbia Campus
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Mount Sinai Hospital Medical Center
American Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
My current area of research includes both experimental and clinical areas of work.
Experimentally, we are using novel imaging modalities such as PET-CT in the large animal model to help visualize the circuits which are responsible for ventricular tachycardia and sudden death. We were fortunate to obtain a Harvard Catalyst Grant to help in this endeavor.
On the clinical side, we are involved in ongoing research in pacemaker and defibrillator infections and understanding the risk factors in this pathological process as well as the optimal treatment modalities. We are part of a large multicenter study sponsored by the American Heart Association.
We are also investigating the role of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in patients who have undergone pulmonary vein isolation for the treatment of atrial fibrillation. We hope to be able to use MRI to predict which patients are at risk stratification for the success or failure of the procedure to allow for a better decision making process as to the optimal form of therapy for atrial fibrillation.
Finally, we are part of the process in understanding which patients with sarcoidosis are at high risk for ventricular tachyarrhythmias and sudden cardiac death. We are part of a multicenter study that is investigating which patients are most likely to benefit from defibrillator implantation for the prevention of sudden cardiac death.
- Danik SB, Neuzil P, Davila A, Malchano Z, Kralovec S, Ruskin JN, Reddy VY. Evaluation of Catheter Ablation of Periatrial Ganglionic Plexi in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation. Am JCardiol. 2008
- Prunier F, Kawase Y, Gianni D, Scapin C, Danik SB, Ellinor PT, Hajjar RF, DelMonte F.Prevention of ventricular arrhythmias with sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase pump overexpression in a porcine model of ischemia reperfusion. Circulation. 2008;118(6):614-622.
- Oliveira JC, Martinelli M, D'Orio Nishioka SA, Varejao T, Uipe D, Andrade Pedrosa AA, Costa R, D'Avila A, Danik SB. Efficacy of Antibiotic Prophylaxis Before the Implantation of Pacemakers and Cardioverter Defibrillators: Results of a Large, Prospective, Randomized, Double-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Trial. Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology.2009;2(1): 29-34.
- Reddy VY, Neuzil P, Themistoclakis S, Danik S, Bonso A, Rossillo A, Raviele A, Schweikert R,Sabine E, Kuck KH, Natale A. Visually Guided Ballon Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation:Experimental Feasibility and "First in Man" Multicenter Clinical Outcome. Circulation.2009;120 (1): 12-20,