Dr. Pamela S. Jones is a neurosurgeon who specializes in Brain Tumors (Glioblastoma, Gliomas, Meningiomas, Metastatic Brain Tumors) and Pituitary Disorders. She is faculty in the Department of Neurosurgery, MGH Brain Tumor Center and Harvard Medical School.
- Centers & Specialties
- Neuro-Oncology (Brain)
- Clinical Interests
- Pituitary tumors
- Brain tumors
- Intrinsic Brain Tumors (Gliomas, Glioblastomas, others)
- Metastatic Cancer of the brain (from melanoma, lung, etc)
- Pediatric pituitary tumors
- Cranial base surgery / Endoscopic skull base surgery
- Awake and Language Mapping Craniotomy
- Chiari malformation
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Medical Education
- MD, Tulane University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Existing Patients
- Patient Gateway
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- AllWays Health (NHP) - PBO
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- BMC HealthNet Mass Health MCO/ACO
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Well Sense Pediatrics
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Provider Gender
Pamela Jones, MD MS MPH, is a neurosurgeon who cares for people with all types of brain tumors, including glioblastoma, low and high-grade gliomas, metastatic brain tumors, and skull base tumors such as meningiomas and pituitary tumors. Her expertise includes performing minimally-invasive endoscopic neurosurgery for treating tumors in the skull base and pituitary. She also specializes in the treatment of brain tumors affecting the language and motor areas of the brain that may require awake brain surgery, language and motor mapping, and subcortical stimulation. Dr. Jones also cares for individuals with spinal disorders and spinal tumors.
Dr. Jones was thrilled to return to the MGH in 2017 after being an assistant professor at UCSD with a clinical practice focused in neuro-oncology and skull base disease. Dr. Jones completed residency training in neurosurgery at the Massachusetts General Hospital. Her fellowship training in pituitary and endoscopic skull base was also performed at the Massachusetts General Hospital and the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary under Dr. Brooke Swearingen and Dr. William Curry. Dr. Jones earned her medical degree from Tulane University School of Medicine, graduating with Alpha Omega Alpha honors. She attended Stanford University for her undergraduate degree in biology. She also holds a master’s degree in public health from Harvard School of Public Health and a master’s degree in biomedical journalism from New York University.
Dr. Jones was born at the Newton Wellesley Hospital while her father, Thomas H. Jones, was in residency training in neurosurgery at the MGH. She and her three sisters were raised in Santa Barbara, where her parents have lived since her father finished training. In her free time, Dr. Jones has a passion for ballet, both as a dancer and patron, as well as enjoys running, writing, traveling with friends and family, and watching Patriots and Stanford football.
- Research Summary
Dr. Pamela Jones’ research focuses on neurosurgical outcomes and clinical trials, particularly within brain tumor and pituitary tumor, as well as quality and safety improvement initiatives.
The MGH this week launched a new podcast called “Charged,” featuring some of the hospital’s leading female voices.
Pamela Jones, MD, is a neurosurgeon at Mass General who specializes in brain tumors and pituitary disorders.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117