The Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Dermatology has been home to innovations that have changed the field of dermatology, including LASER and PUVA, and continues to be a center of pioneering clinical and basic science research in many aspects of dermatology. In addition to outpatient medical dermatology and an inpatient consult service, we also provide various specialty clinics including, pediatric dermatology, Melanoma and Pigmented lesion, Cutaneous T- Cell Lymphoma, Allergic Contact Dermatitis, Rheumatology-Dermatology, and High Risk Squamous Cell Carcinoma, as well as Moh's Micrographic Surgery and a world-renowned Laser and Cosmetic Center.
A one month medical student clerkship is available through the Harvard Medical School through the Exchange Clerk Program at Harvard Medical School (HMS). For detailed information, visit HMS Exchange Clerk Program website. and the HMS Course Catalog. (DE501M.J-Clinical Dermatology)
Due to privacy regulations, we are unable to offer clerkships to undergraduate, high school students, or non-medical personnel.
In order to be eligible, all applicants must meet minimum requirements:
- Be currently enrolled medical student in the final year of medical school (within 12 months of graduation
- Be in good academic standing at an approved medical school
- Have completed satisfactorily the core clinical clerkship requirements of the home school
- Must be in compliance for HMS immunization requirements
- Must be fluent in English language including; conversation, reading, and writing.
For details of the curriculum. visit the Course Catalog (DE501M.J Clinical Dermatology) at the HMS Exchange Clerk Program
Harvard Medical School
Exchange Clerkship Program
25 Shattuck Street
Gordon Hall Room 213
Boston, MA 02115-6052