Caring for Dependent(s) (CFD) Travel Awards are for Mass General faculty who need help defraying additional dependent care expenses while traveling to an academic/society meeting.
Sponsored by the Center for Faculty Development
Is caring for a child/dependent making it harder to travel and advance in your career?
Recognizing that one of the obstacles to career advancement is the challenge of traveling while caring for children/dependent(s), the Center for Faculty Development established the Caring For Dependent(s) (CFD) Awards to help you travel. This $500 award* is intended to help defray additional care expenses, (e.g., extended day care, extended elder care, caregiver travel) while the faculty member is traveling to an academic/society meeting which is directly related to his/her academic advancement.
- The CFD Travel Awards provide funding to help make travel to an academic/society meeting directly related to his/her academic advancement possible.
- The applicant must have plans to attend a professional meeting within the timeframe stated in the official Call for Applications.
- Faculty must apply in advance of the trip that requires support and may not receive support for an event that has already occurred.
- To ensure full consideration for the award, the online application must be completed in its entirety, including submitting a copy of your CV.
Please note: only completed applications will be considered.
- These awards are specifically allocated to the conference stated on your application, and may not be transferred to another academic/society meeting.
- MD, PhD, or equivalent advanced degree.
- Academic appointment at the Instructor or Assistant Professor level at Harvard Medical School.
- Primary appointment at the Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Responsible for care of children/dependent(s).
- Trip must be an academic/society professional meeting for the purpose of advancing the faculty member's career (e.g., presenting at an academic/society meeting [abstract/paper/poster] or receiving a society award/honor).
- Awards may be used for the following:
- Awards may be used for the following expenses listed in the budget outline on your application:<
- Travel expenses for children/dependent(s)
- Travel expenses for children/dependent(s)'s caregiver during trip with the sole purpose of caring for the children/dependent(s).
- Expenses for additional child/dependent care at home during the trip
- Expenses for child/dependent care at meeting site.
- Awards may not be used for the following:
- Conference registration
- Personal travel expenses for faculty member
- Payment to family members (including in-laws) for child/dependent care expenses
- Other expenses not associated to the additional care or travel of the children/dependent(s)
- Support is considered taxable income under Federal Tax Law
- Awardees must provide original receipts and/or invoices in order to receive payment under Mass General Brigham's policies and must attest that these expenses were used for child/dependent travel or additional care
- Amount of payment will not exceed $500 of incurred expenses
- Forms and documentation of expenses must be submitted within 30 days of the travel return date
- Conference Information
- Specifics on how attending this conference will advance your career and
- Child/dependent care arrangement description
- Budget outlining how this award will be used (e.g., extended day care, extended elder care, caregiver travel).
List of Award Recipients
2020 Round 1 - Travel between April and August 2020
|Shinn-Huey Chou, MD||Kevin Gipson, MD||McKinley Glover, MD, MHS||Melanie Haines, MD|
|Thomas Heyne, MD, MSt||Rachel Millstein, PhD, MHS||Julian Mitton, MD, MPH|
|Sarah Wakeman, MD||Mengyu Wang, PhD||Yunhe Xie, PhD|
|Korilyn Zachrison, MD, MSc||Lilla Zollei, PhD||Nicole Zurcher Wimmer, PhD, MSc|
2019 Round 2 - Travel between October 2019 and March 2020
|Amanda Baker, PhD||Katia Canenguez, PhD||Sharon Dekel, PhD|
|Efren Flores, MD||Zeinab Hajjarian, PhD||Sara Kalkhoran, MD|
|Hillary Kelly, MD||Hiroko Kunitake, MD||Nahyoung Grace Lee, MD|
|Chang Amber Liu, MD, MSc, FAAP||Victoria Martin, MD||Karen Nanji, MD, MPH|
|Giselle Perez, PhD||Danielle Pier, MD||Camille Powe, MD|
|Raul Uppot, MD||Yamini Virkud, MD, MA, MPH||Hui Wang, PhD|
2019 Round 1 - Travel between April and August 2019
|Genevieve Boland, MD, PhD||Marya Cohen, MD, MPH||Florian Fintelmann, MD|
|Denise Gee, MD||Jessica Gray, MD||Elena Hawryluk, MD, PhD|
|April Jorge, MD||Emily Kung, MD||Jay Luther, MD|
|Rachel Millstein, PhD||Karen Nanji, MD, MPH||Aparna Parikh, MD|
|Sarita Patil, MD||Martin Purschke, PhD||Margaret Samuels-Kalow, MD|
|Davida Schiff, MD||Varsha Tanguturi, MD||Raiyan Zaman, PhD|
2018 Round 2- Travel between October 2018 and March 2019
|Emily Aaronson, MD, PhD||Hailiang Huang, PhD||Aparna Parikh, MD|
|Kiara Alvarez, PhD||Nahyoung Lee, MD||John Pezaris, PhD|
|Laura Dichtel, MD||Laura Lewis, PhD||Adam Raff, MD, PhD|
|Joyita Dutta, PhD||Jenny Linnoila, MD, PhD||Hamid Sabet, PhD|
|Pouneh Fazeli, MD||Chang Amber Liu, MD, MSc, FAAP||Lara Traeger, PhD|
|Deborah Forst, MD||Vandana Madhavan, MD||Lilla Zollei, PhD|
|Jennifer Greenberg, PsyD||Lidia Moura, MD, MPH||Sarah Wakeman, MD|
|Amanda Guidon, MD||Anne Neilan, MD, MPH|
2018 Round 1- Travel between April and August 2018
|Marya Cohen, MD, MPH||Steven Liang, PhD||Margaret Samuels-Kalow, MD|
|Clarissa Cooley, PhD||Nicte Mejia, MD, MPH||Dorothy Sippo, MD|
|Sharon Dekel, PhD||Camille Powe, MD||Margaret Tuttle, MD|
|Laura Kehoe, MD, MPH||Christina Psaros, PhD||Sarah Wakeman, MD|
|Grace Lee, MD||Fernanda Sakamoto, MD, PhD||Jia Yin, MD, PhD|
2017 Round 2- Travel between September 2017 and March 2018
|Marta Bianciardi, PhD||Raymond Liu, MD||Elizabeth Pinsky, MD|
|Yen-Lin Chen, MD||Amy Ly, MD||Gloria Salazar, MD|
|Catherine Chu, MD||Lisa Maeng, PhD||Ajay Singh, MD|
|Efren Flores, MD||Caterina Mainero, MD, PhD||Amy Yule, MD|
|Denisa Gace, DO, MPH||Giselle Perez-Lougee, PhD|
2017 Round 1- Travel between April and August 2017
|Kirstin Birtwell, PhD||Florian Fintelmann, MD||Nandini Mani, MD|
|Yin Cao, PhD||Susie Huang, MD, PhD||Christina Psaros, PhD|
|Lindsay Carter, MD||Nitya Jain, PhD||Vibha Singhal, MD|
|Joseph Ciolino, MD||Laura Kehoe, MD, MPH||Alik Widge, MD, PhD|
|Sharon Dekel, PhD||Puja Kohli, MD, MMSc||Korilyn Zachrison, MD, MSc|
|Joyita Dutta, PhD||Gina Kruse, MD||Bin Zheng, PhD|
2016 Round 2- Travel between October 2016 and March 2017
|Yelena Bodien, PhD||Joyita Dutta, PhD||Anne Neilan, MD, MPH|
|Sannisha Dale, PhD||Kelly Irwin, MD||Yakeel Quiroz, PhD|
2016 Round 1- Travel between April and August 2016
|Jessica Haberer, MD, MS||Jessica McCannon, MD||Christina Psaros, PhD|
|Raymond Liu, MD||Anne Neilan, MD, MPH||Jason Wasfy, MD|
2015 Round 2- Travel between October 2015 and March 2016
|Vicki Fung, PhD||Kate Jeffrey, PhD||Lael Yonker, MD|
|Yumiko Ishizawa, MD, PhD||Phil Lee, PhD||Amy Yule, MD|
2015 Round 1 - Travel between January and August 2015
|Annah Abrams, MD||Vera Fridman, MD||Shannon Stott, PhD|
|Martin Aryee, PhD||Anjali Kaimal, MD, MAS|
|Sharon Dekel, PhD||Janet Lo, MD|
2014 Round 2 - Travel between July and December 2014
|Marta Bianciardi, PhD||Brian Nahed, MD||Angela Schmider, PhD|
|Hanna Gaggin, MD, MPH||Shamim Nejad, MD||Jan Schuemann, PhD|
|Sara Looby, PhD||John Pezaris, PhD||Heidi Yeh, MD|
|Lynn Matthews, MD|
2014 Round 1 - Travel between January and June 2014
|Ami Bhatt, MD||Rakesh Karmacharya, MD, PhD||Lee Park, MD|
|Allison Bryant Mantha, MD||Elizabeth Lawson, MD||Eve Valera, PhD|
|Eva Chittenden, MD||Ruth Lim, MD|
|Cristina Cusin, MD||MingMing Ning, MD|
2013 Round 2 - Travel between July and December 2013
|Beth Costine, PhD||Xueyi Li, MD, PhD||Jennifer Wargo, MD|
|Doreen DeFaria Yeh, MD||Nina Lin, MD||Jennifer Wo, MD|
|Yumiko Ishizawa, MD, PhD||Rosalyn Nguyen, MD|
|Amy Juliano, MD||Sadeq Quraishi, MD|
2013 Round 1 - Travel between February and July 2013
|Patricia Bachiller, MD||Deborah Kwolek, MD||Jenny Tam, PhD||Elaine Yu, MD|
|Pouneh Fazeli, MD||Sara Lazar, PhD||Eve Valera, PhD|
|Phoebe Freer, MD||Nicte Mejia, MD, MPH||Robert Yeh, MD|