CENTER FOR FACULTY DEVELOPMENT
Outstanding Research Fellow Mentor Award
2022 Outstanding Research Fellow Mentor Recipient 2 of 3: Felipe S. Furtado, MD
Research Fellow in Radiology; and Co-Chair of the Mass General Postdoc Association (MGPA) Mentoring Committee
2022 Outstanding Research Fellow Mentor Recipient 3 of 3: Victoria A. Grunberg, PhD
Research Fellow, Department of Psychiatry and Division of Newborn Medicine; and Assistant Director of Training, Center for Health Outcomes and Interdisciplinary Research (CHOIR)
2021 Outstanding Research Fellow Mentor Recipient 1 of 2: Risa Burr, PhD
Research Fellow in the Center for Cancer Research, MGH/HMS; Social Committee Chair, Vice Chair, and then Chair of Mass General Postdoctoral Association
2021 Outstanding Research Fellow Mentor Recipient 2 of 2: Alexandre Lussier, PhD
Research Fellow in the Center for Genomic Medicine, Department of Psychiatry; and Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research, Broad Institute, MGH/HMS
Do you have or know an outstanding mentor?
As part of the "CFD Excellence in Mentoring Awards," the MGH Center for Faculty Development invites nominations for the Outstanding Research Fellow Mentor Award. This $500 award will be given to one or more research fellows who has/have made outstanding contributions in mentoring fellow postdoc trainees, graduate students, college students, and/or high school students, demonstrating excellence in mentoring by:
- Helping incoming research trainees navigate the research realm at MGH and develop their research path
- Providing a positive impact on the academic progress and achievements of other trainees in their lab
- Fostering the professional development of other trainees academically, professionally, and personally
- Demonstrating ongoing interest in the mentoring and success of other colleagues in their respective field
Through this award, the MGH Postdoctoral Division (PDD) within the Center for Faculty Development aims to recognize outstanding achievements in mentoring by research fellows at MGH. The award recipient will be a research fellow who has demonstrated outstanding contributions in helping students/trainees advance their skills, provided support and guidance in navigating the research realm, and assisted in cultivating the path for these fellow lab mates.
- MGH research fellow appointment
- MD, PhD, or equivalent advanced degree
Nominees will be evaluated and ranked by a multidisciplinary Review Committee. Nominees were notified and announced in January 2023.
- Completed Nomination Form
- Nominations for this award should be accompanied by a maximum of two nominating letters (not to exceed 2 pages each)
- Nominee's HMS CV
How to Nominate
This user-friendly portal allows you to submit electronic nominations to the Center for Faculty Development. The portal has been designed to allow users to:
- View current calls and submit to open opportunities
- Save and edit current nominations in progress
- Submit completed nominations
- View all your CFD nominations that have been submitted via the online portal
If you have questions, please submit them via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.