Thank you for visiting the PWP webpage. Our mission is to support faculty at MGH who are navigating parenthood, through initiatives that promote well-being, build community, support a healthy work-life balance, and foster both personal wellness and professional productivity. Please join our mailing list, and if you are an expectant or new parent, please see the program below.
The MGPO Parental Wellness Program is designed to improve the personal well-being and professional productivity of expectant and new parents who are faculty at MGH. We welcome all family types and invite participants to join the program early in the expectant phase through the first year of your child’s life.
BENEFITS (pending eligiblity):
- Feeding and lactation stipends
- Parental Wellness Advocate (PWA) pairings: This is the opportunity to be connected to an experienced parent who provides guidance and practical strategies on navigating parental leave and the transition back to work
- Opportunity to join virtual new parent groups
- Access to lactation resources
Due to current limitations with our funding source, only faculty with a primary appointment at MGH are currently eligible to participate. Please contact us at email@example.com to inquire for possible exceptions.
If you are a MGH faculty member and would like to participate in the program as an expectant or new parent (child <1 year of age), please indicate your interest by completing this form.
If you are interested in joining our Parental Wellness Advocate (PWA) roster, please indicate your interest by completing this form. We reimburse $100/hr in recognition that your time is valuable and will email you in advance of any formalized match.
Laura Dichtel and Jo Li on behalf of the MGPO Parental Wellness Program
Contact Us! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/suggestions.
Basic resources for parents
- MGB Leave of Absence Portal
- MGB Maternity/Bonding Leave Policy
- MGPO Paid Leave Program (updated 2022)
- CFD Parenting & Child Care Resources
- Community Kangaroo: the one-stop-shop for parents in the suburbs west and southwest of Boston, MA to find local events and info.
- Mental Health Contacts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- EAP lactation room signup
- New Baby Supports- Including Lactation & Leave of Absence
- General New Parent Resources
- Supports for New Dads
- FMLA & Maternity Leave
- Parental Leave
– Ask my HR phone: 833-275-6947
– Email: email@example.com
– Leave of Absence – Dashboard – Leave of Absence (service-now.com)
- Working Mother – Preparing for Maternity Leave
- The Mom Project – Returning from Maternity Leave Checklist
- Parental Leave
- Lactation Resources
- Postpartum Depression
Research Grants / Resources
- Back to Work and Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding Resources for Families
- EAP Lactation Resources (includes link to MGB lactation room locations)
- MGB Lactation Room Access Request Form
- MGPO Backup Pump Parts Program (for MGPO Professional Faculty only)
- MGH Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Breastfeeding Resources
- SimpliFed Virtual Lactation Services
- Lactation consultant visits and support classes can be reimbursed through Allways Health Insurance
- Medications and Breastfeeding
- Milk Storage Info
- Tips for Buying a New Breast Pump
- Pump Tutorials