Thank you for visiting the PWP webpage. Our mission is to support faculty at MGH who are navigating parenthood, through initiatives that promote well-being, build community, support a healthy work-life balance, and foster both personal wellness and professional productivity. Please join our mailing list, and if you are an expectant or new parent, please see the program below.
The Parental Wellness Program is designed to improve the personal well-being and professional productivity of expectant and new parents who are faculty at MGH. We welcome all family types and invite participants to join the program early in the expectant phase through the first year of your child’s life.
Who do we support?
- Faculty of all genders
- Clinical and research faculty with a primary appointment at MGH
- You do not have to be a first time parent - we welcome all!
BENEFITS (pending eligiblity):
- Feeding and lactation stipends
- Parental Wellness Advocate (PWA) pairings: This is the opportunity to be connected to an experienced parent who provides guidance and practical strategies on navigating parental leave and the transition back to work
- Opportunity to join virtual new parent groups
- Access to lactation resources
Due to current limitations with our funding source, only faculty with a primary appointment at MGH are currently eligible to participate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire for possible exceptions.
If you are a MGH faculty member and would like to participate in the program as an expectant or new parent (child <1 year of age), please indicate your interest by completing this form.
If you are interested in joining our Parental Wellness Advocate (PWA) roster, please indicate your interest by completing this form. We reimburse $100/hr in recognition that your time is valuable and will email you in advance of any formalized match.
Laura Dichtel and Jo Li on behalf of the MGPO Parental Wellness Program
Contact Us! Please email email@example.com with any questions/suggestions.
MGH/MGPO Parental Leave
- PWP one-page summary of MGH/MGPO Parental Leave Policy
- Benefits/Leave Office extended slide deck of MGH/MGPO Parental Leave Policy
- Updated MGPO Parental Leave Policy announcement
- CFD information & FAQ on MGH/MGPO Parental Leave Program for Professional Staff
Portals and Forms
- MGB Leave of Absence Portal
- Health Care Provider form (complete and upload when requesting leave)
- Leave of Absence Checklist - Maternity Bonding
Basic resources for parents
- CFD Parenting & Child Care Resources
- Community Kangaroo: the one-stop-shop for parents in the suburbs west and southwest of Boston, MA to find local events and info.
- Ellucid Infection Control Document for Pregnant Women
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- EAP lactation room signups
- General New Parent Resources
- Supports for New Dads
- FMLA & Maternity Leave
- Support groups for parents at MGH
- Monthly Online Discussion & Support Group for Moms: Monthly Zoom meetings that allow mothers to share and learn with their colleagues, no matter the age of their children. During each session, experts share information, leaving plenty of time for questions and discussion. Mothers are welcome to join and leave the session as their schedule allows. If you’re interested in joining a session, or receiving more information about the Mothers’ Group, please email Joan Sapir: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Peer Mentoring for Parents: Informal, virtual discussion groups for parents of children under 5. Parents are welcome to join and leave sessions as their schedules allow. Please email Anne Levy if you would like to join: email@example.com.
- Back to Work and Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding Resources for Families
- EAP Lactation Resources (includes link to MGB lactation room locations)
- MGB Lactation Room Access Request Form
- MGPO Lactation Room and Backup Pump Parts Program (for MGPO Physicians only)
- MGH Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Breastfeeding Resources
- SimpliFed Virtual Lactation Services
- Lactation consultant visits and support classes can be reimbursed through Mass General Brigham Health Plan
- Low Milk Supply Foundation
- Medications and Breastfeeding
- Milk Storage Info
- Tips for Buying a New Breast Pump
- Pump Tutorials