Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Division of Thoracic Surgery
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, University of Michigan Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery, American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
My research is primarily related to outcomes of the patients I treat. I am especially focused on thymic tumors (both thymomas and thymic cancers) and participate in an international thymic tumor interest group (ITMIG). I have led the Society of Thoracic Surgeons General Thoracic Database for many years and have published extensively on outcomes based upon this robust national database and developed risk-models to predict and compare results. I also have a long-standing interest in surgery of the airway (tracheal stenosis, tracheal tumors and idiopathic laryngotracheal stenosis) and have published on early and late results.