Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Mass General Heart Center: Center for Cardiac Arrhythmias
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA 02114
- PhD, Stanford University
- MD, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
American Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
The goal of Dr. Ellinor's laboratory work is to use genetics to elucidate the molecular basis underlying abnormalities of the heart rhythm and heart function. Much of his recent work has focused atrial fibrillation which is the most common arrhythmia. To identify novel pathways for atrial fibrillation he has used a broad range of techniques including population genetics, electrophysiology, and animal models of arrhythmias.
Dr. Ellinor has published over 230 peer reviewed manuscripts.