About Imaging Services During COVID-19
Throughout Mass General, we are taking unprecedented steps to keep our patients safe. At Chelsea HealthCare Center, we have adjusted our operations and physical space so you may notice some changes when you visit us. At this imaging location, we are committed to safely imaging patients with many different conditions and continue to perform ultrasound and X-ray exams at this time.
What to Expect
- If you have an imaging appointment time, our staff will call to screen you 48 hours before your exam.
- When you arrive and are not a patient suspected of COVID-19 exposure, you will check in at the screening area and we will ask you some more questions to check for symptoms of COVID-19.
- After you check in, we will give you a mask and hand sanitizer. Next, you will follow a marked line to walk directly into the imaging suite.
- At the imaging suite, you will visit the reception desk and receive your ID band. Your technologist will greet you at the desk and walk you directly to the exam room.
- If you have to wait at all, please be aware that our area has been rearranged for physical distancing. We clean any seats between every patient.
- For your safety, before we bring you into the exam room, we clean the entire room including the equipment with a hospital-approved disinfectant.
- If you need to change into hospital attire for your exam, you will do so in the exam room.
- After the exam, you can change back into your street clothes and your technologist will escort you out of the imaging suite.
Hours of Operation
Imaging services are available at the Chelsea HealthCare Center on Monday through Sunday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. Call our Central Scheduling Office if you need to reschedule or cancel an exam.