About Imaging Services During COVID-19
Throughout Mass General, we are taking unprecedented steps to keep our patients safe. At Mass General Imaging - Chelsea, we have adjusted our operations and physical space so you may notice some changes when you visit us.
At this time, this location is imaging patients without known or suspected COVID-19. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, please tell us or your doctor so we can schedule you at a different Mass General Imaging location.
Mass General Imaging - Chelsea is 10 minutes from the Mass General main campus. It is in a different building from the Mass General Chelsea HealthCare Center.
What to Expect
- The hospital is screening patients for COVID-19 several times before their appointments, including at arrival. Two days before your imaging appointment, we will call to ask if you have any symptoms.
- When you get to our parking lot, please call our front desk to let us know you're here. We will let you know when to come inside for your exam.
- During check-in, we will screen you again for symptoms of COVID-19 for your safety.
- After you check in, we will give you an ID band and you will be greeted by your technologist.
- Your technologist will walk you directly to your exam room. Most people will not need to wait. If you want to sit, please be aware that chairs are spaced apart and cleaned between every patient.
- If you need to change into hospital attire for your exam, your technologist will walk you to the changing area. We continuously clean the changing areas with a hospital-approved disinfectant.
- For your safety, before we bring you into the exam room, we clean the entire room including the equipment with a hospital-approved disinfectant.
Find Us in Chelsea
Get details and directions to this location.
Hours of Operation
Imaging services are available at Mass General Imaging Chelsea on Monday through Friday from 6:30 am to 11:00 pm and on Saturdays and Sundays. Call our Central Scheduling Office if you need to reschedule or cancel an exam.