About Imaging Services During COVID-19
Throughout Mass General, we are taking unprecedented steps to keep our patients safe. At Mass General Imaging - Waltham, we have adjusted our operations and physical space so you may notice some changes when you visit us.
At this time, this location is imaging patients without known or suspected COVID-19. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, please tell us or your doctor so we can schedule you at a different Mass General Imaging location.
What to Expect
- When you arrive and walk into the Green Building, please visit the mask dispenser and put a hospital-approved mask over your mouth and nose. Make sure to keep your mask on while walking to the imaging suite.
- When you get off the elevator, you will check in at a desk outside the imaging suite. We have placed markings on the floor to create physical distancing.
- At this time, no visitors or guests are allowed to come with you to your exam. If your visitor is essential, please make sure you have received approval and it has been noted in your medical chart before your visit.
- During check-in, we will ask you some questions to screen for symptoms of COVID-19.
- After you check in, an escort will bring you into the suite to the reception desk where you will receive your ID band and be greeted by your technologist.
- Your technologist will meet you and walk you directly to the exam room. Most people will not need to wait. If you want to sit, please be aware that chairs are spaced apart and cleaned between every patient.
- If you need to change into hospital attire for your exam, a technologist will walk you to the changing area. We continuously clean the changing areas with a hospital-approved disinfectant.
- For your safety, before we bring you into the exam room, we clean the entire room including the equipment with a hospital-approved disinfectant.
We are committed to safely imaging patients with many different conditions, including those related to COVID-19. During the pandemic, we have taken additional steps to keep all of us safe.
We ask all patients, staff and visitors to wear a hospital-approved mask over your mouth and nose. It is one of the most effective ways to protect the people around us.
We invite you to use our hand sanitizing stations throughout our locations. Use one pump and rub until dry to kill germs on your hands.
We have changed our space and marked the floors to allow for 6 feet of physical distancing. Limiting close contact helps slow the spread of COVID-19.
Hours of Operation
Imaging services are available at Mass General Imaging - Waltham on Monday through Sunday. Call our Central Scheduling Office if you need to reschedule or cancel an exam.