About Imaging Services on Wang 2
Mass General Imaging provides these services to patients on the second floor of Wang:
What to Expect: Breast Imaging
You may notice some changes when you arrive on Wang 2 for imaging services:
- Plan to arrive 10 to 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. For your safety, we are not seating patients in the waiting area at this time.
- While waiting to enter the breast imaging suite, please stand on one of the floor markings we've spaced out for physical distancing.
- When you arrive at your appointment location, our staff will greet you at the front door.
- Next, we will check you in at the front desk. During this time, we will ask you questions to screen for COVID-19 symptoms.
- After check-in, a patient escort will give you a wristband and take you directly to the mammography room for imaging. If you have to wait at all during this time, we will guide you to the outer waiting room.
- In the mammography room, we will ask you to change into hospital attire.
- After the exam, you can change back into your street clothes. Your technologist will then escort you out of the breast imaging suite.
- Once you leave, hospital staff fully cleans the exam room to prepare it for the next patient. We also clean any waiting room chairs, doors or other areas a patient may have touched during a visit.
What to Expect: MRI and X-ray
- When you get off the elevator for an X-ray, you will check in at a desk outside the imaging suite. If you're coming in for an MRI, we will direct you to the MRI check-in desk inside the imaging suite. We have placed markings on the floor to create physical distancing.
- During check-in, we will ask you some questions to screen for symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you need to change into hospital attire for your exam, we will walk you to the changing area. We continuously clean the changing areas with a hospital-approved disinfectant.
- Most people will not need to wait. If you are asked to wait prior to your exam, please be aware that chairs are spaced apart and cleaned between every patient.
- For your safety, before we bring you into the exam room, we clean the entire room including the equipment with a hospital-approved disinfectant.
Hours of Operation on Wang 2
Imaging services are available on Wang 2 on Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 11:30 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 am to 7:30 pm. Call our Central Scheduling Office if you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment.