About Imaging Services on Wang 2
Mass General Imaging provides these services to patients on the second floor of Wang:
What to Expect: Breast Imaging
You may notice some changes when you arrive on Wang 2 for imaging services:
- Plan to arrive 10 to 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. For your safety, we are not seating patients in the waiting area at this time.
- While waiting to enter the breast imaging suite, please stand on one of the floor markings we've spaced out for physical distancing.
- When you arrive at your appointment location, our staff will greet you at the front door.
- Next, we will check you in at the front desk. During this time, we will ask you questions to screen for COVID-19 symptoms.
- After check-in, a patient escort will give you a wristband and take you directly to the mammography room for imaging. If you have to wait at all during this time, we will guide you to the outer waiting room.
- In the mammography room, we will ask you to change into hospital attire.
- After the exam, you can change back into your street clothes. Your technologist will then escort you out of the breast imaging suite.
- Once you leave, hospital staff fully cleans the exam room to prepare it for the next patient. We also clean any waiting room chairs, doors or other areas a patient may have touched during a visit.
What to Expect: MRI and X-ray
- When you get off the elevator for an X-ray, you will check in at a desk outside the imaging suite. If you're coming in for an MRI, we will direct you to the MRI check-in desk inside the imaging suite. We have placed markings on the floor to create physical distancing.
- During check-in, we will ask you some questions to screen for symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you need to change into hospital attire for your exam, we will walk you to the changing area. We continuously clean the changing areas with a hospital-approved disinfectant.
- Most people will not need to wait. If you are asked to wait prior to your exam, please be aware that chairs are spaced apart and cleaned between every patient.
- For your safety, before we bring you into the exam room, we clean the entire room including the equipment with a hospital-approved disinfectant.
We are committed to safely imaging patients with many different conditions, including those related to COVID-19. During the pandemic, we have taken additional steps to keep all of us safe.
We ask all patients, staff and visitors to wear a hospital-approved mask. It is one of the most effective ways to protect the people around us.
We invite you to use our hand sanitizing stations throughout the imaging areas. Use one pump and rub until dry to kill germs on your hands instantly.
We have changed our space and marked the floors to allow for 6 feet of physical distancing. Limiting close contact helps slow the spread of COVID-19.
Hours of Operation on Wang 2
Imaging services are available on Wang 2 on Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 11:30 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 am to 7:30 pm. Call our Central Scheduling Office if you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment.