About Imaging Services on Yawkey 6
Mass General Imaging provides these services on the sixth floor of the Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care.
Patient check in is on the seventh floor of Yawkey in Suite 7B. To create physicial distancing, our check-in times may vary. Click below for the most up-to-date information.
Computed Tomography (CT)
Learn More about CT
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
If you are having an MRI on Yawkey 6, please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to check in.
Learn More about MRI
If you are having an ultrasound on Yawkey 6, please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time to check in.
Learn More about Ultrasound
This location offers walk-in X-ray services. You need a doctor's order to get an X-ray.
Learn More about X-Ray
Some Interventional Radiology Procedures
Mass General Interventional Radiology treats muscle and joint pain using minimally invasive, image-guided procedures at Yawkey 6. If you are having one of these procedures at this location, please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to check in.
Learn More about Muscle and Joint Pain Treatments
What to Expect
You may notice some changes when you arrive at Yawkey 6 for imaging services:
- When you get off the elevator, you will check-in at a desk outside the imaging suite. We have placed markings on the floor to create physical distancing.
- During check-in, we will ask you some questions to screen for symptoms of COVID-19.
- After you check in, an escort will bring you into the suite to the reception desk where you will receive your ID band and be greeted by your technologist.
- Your technologist will meet you and walk you directly to the exam room. Most people will not need to wait. If you want to sit, please be aware that chairs are spaced apart and cleaned between every patient.
- If you need to change into hospital attire for your exam, a technologist will walk you to the changing area. We continuously clean the changing areas with a hospital-approved disinfectant.
- For your safety, before we bring you into the exam room, we clean the entire room including the equipment with a hospital-approved disinfectant.
Hours of Operation on Yawkey 6
Imaging services are available on Yawkey 6 Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. Call our Central Scheduling Office if you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment.