Departments, Centers, & Programs:
Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Center
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, UC San Francisco
American Board Certifications
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Accepted Insurance Plans
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
Dr. Ho's research focuses on the interaction between obesity, metabolic disease, and cardiac remodeling, and on the identification of novel biomarkers of cardiometabolic risk. Her laboratory specifically focuses on clinical and translational investigations to understand mechanisms driving heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF).
Dr. Ho is the recipient of NIH funding, including a K23 career development award to study the role of galectin-3 in cardiac fibrosis and subclinical cardiovascular disease, and an R01 award to examine the association of metabolic disease and pulmonary hypertension.
- Ho JE, Liu C, Lyass A, Courchesne P, Pencina MJ, Vasan RS, Larson MG, Levy D. Galectin-3, a marker of cardiac fibrosis, predicts incident heart failure in the community. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60:1249-1256.
- Ho JE*, Chen WY*, Chen MH, Larson MG, McCabe EL, Cheng S, Ghorbani A, Coglianese E, Emilsson V, Johnson AD, Walter S, Franceschini N, O'Donnell CJ, CARDIoGRAM Consortium, CHARGE Inflammation Working Group, Dehghan A, Lu C, Levy D, Newton-Cheh C, CHARGE Heart Failure Working Group, Lin H, Felix JF, Schreiter ER, Vasan RS, Januzzi JL, Lee RT*, Wang TJ*. Common genetic variation at the IL1RL1 locus regulates IL-33/ST2 signaling. J Clin Invest. 2013; 123:4208-4218.
- Santhanakrishnan R, Wang N, Larson MG, Magnani JW, McManus DD, Lubitz SA, Ellinor PT, Cheng S, Vasan RS, Lee DS, Wang TJ, Levy D, Benjamin EJ, Ho JE. Atrial fibrillation begets heart failure and vice versa – temporal associations and differences in preserved versus reduced ejection fraction. Circulation. 2016; 133:484-492.
- Ho JE*, Enserro D*, Brouwers FP*, Kizer JR*, Shah SJ, Psaty BM, Bartz TM, Santhanakrishnan R, Lee DS, Chan C, Liu K, Blaha MJ, Hillege HL, van der Harst P, van Gilst WH, Kop WJ, Gansevoort RT, Vasan RS, Gardin JM, Levy D, Gottdiener JS*, de Boer RA*, Larson MG*. Predicting heart failure with preserved and reduced ejection fraction: the International Collaboration on Heart Failure Subtypes. Circ Heart Fail. 2016; Jun;9(6): e003116.