Division of Internal Medicine
Healthy Lifestyle Program
Explore This Program
We empower people to engage in healthy lifestyles by integrating clinical practice, education, research and community programs.
Establish the practice of healthy lifestyle as the standard of care for the prevention and treatment of chronic disease.
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine Announces New National Council to Facilitate Pioneering Trend of Lifestyle Medicine Integration into Health Systems – June 8, 2021
- Virtual Group Visits: Hope for Improving Chronic Disease Management in Primary Care During and After the COVID-19 Pandemic – American Journal of Health Promotion – April 28, 2021
- It's now up to health systems to solve our food problems – The Hill – September 29, 2020
- Lifestyle medicine for all: Healthy food comes first – Harvard Health Blog – September 24, 2020
- Addressing Food Insecurity in the Community Through an Academic Food Pantry – Harvard Medical School Center for Primary Care
- Chronic Disease Management in the COVID-19 Era – AJMC – July 9, 2020
- Good for Profits, Good for Patients: A New Form of Medical Visits – Medscape – June 29, 2020
- MGH Revere Pilots Therapeutic Food Pantry – Mass General – February 12, 2020
- Effectiveness of Lifestyle Intervention for Type 2 Diabetes in Primary Care: the REAL HEALTH-Diabetes Randomized Clinical Trial – Journal of General Internal Medicine – January 21, 2020
Stoeckle Center Seminar (March 26, 2021)
Some Helpful Resources
Explore our prevention-as-treatment approach to caring for the heart.
For patients who have been diagnosed with heart disease or have had a heart attack.
These exercises videos can be used as single workouts or as part of a fitness plan.
Discover programs that help patients and caregivers cope with a cancer diagnosis.
What Is Lifestyle Medicine?
"Lifestyle medicine is an evidence-based approach to preventing, treating and even reversing diseases by replacing unhealthy behaviors with positive ones," according to the American College of Lifestyle Medicine.
Meet Our Co-Directors
Find profiles for the doctors who lead this lifestyle-medicine program.
Meet Our Members
- Ben Crocker, MD
- Helen Delichatsios. MD
- Katie Engels
- Chris Gelev, MD
- Daniel Henderson, MD
- Liz Lincoln, MD
- Sarah Matathia, MD
- Humberto Moncayo
- Anne Thorndike, MD
- Amy Wheeler, MD
Health Systems Council Founding Member
We are proud to announce that we are a founding member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine Health Systems Council, a group dedicated to supporting the pioneering trend of implementing lifestyle medicine into some of the largest and most innovative health organizations in the U.S. Learn more >