Donations to support the Center for Neurointestinal Health at Massachusetts General Hospital will help to fund new research to understand the cause of neurointestinal disorders and to develop novel treatments for these conditions.
Academic medicine is at a crossroads. We continue to expand our understanding of the fundamental aspects of many diseases. Powerful new technologies are available that allow a personalized approach to medical care. But at the same time, reductions in federal funding for science and the challenging economic climate have led to cutbacks in research and training.
The Center for Neurointestinal Health at Mass General has the essential pieces to make a profound impact in human health:
- Talented scientists and clinicians
- Access to sophisticated technology
- A passion for advancing the field and improving patients’ lives
While active research studies are already underway, many projects need more resources to be implemented and advanced. These resources will support the talented scientists who champion the work and help to bring innovative and impactful ideas to reality.
Your generous support will allow us to initiate clinical trials to apply what we learn in the laboratory to benefit patients. Funds will help us to recruit and retain the brightest clinicians and investigators to lead collaborative research efforts that leverage the unparalleled expertise available at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), the Broad Institute and other world-class institutions throughout the region.
By providing the personnel, equipment and resources needed to conduct successful translational research and clinical trials, your support will offer new hope for individuals affected by neurointestinal disorders and allow them to live healthier and more productive lives.
There are a variety of ways to make a gift:
**When making your gift, please go the additional details section (part 3), select the first box "I'd like to designate this gift to a specific program or area at Mass General," and specify the Center for Neurointestinal Health.**
- Donate an outright gift of cash or securities
- Give in honor or in memory of a family member, caregiver or friend
- Give through your donor-advised fund (DAF)
- Make a planned gift or bequest, or establish an endowed fund
- Leverage matching gifts from your workplace
- Plan a special event benefitting the center
- Corporate support plays an important role in advancing our mission