At the McCance Center for Brain Health at Mass General we work tirelessly to meet the unique needs of our patients. Our team of compassionate and experienced physicians, nurses and physician assistants will guide you or your loved one every step of the way. Here’s what you can expect:
- Consultation: Complete a brief phone consultation to review your goals and concerns
- Schedule: After your initial assessment, you will be scheduled with a doctor matched to your specific goals and needs. Appointments can be scheduled in-person or virtually using video
- Confirm: Confirmation of your appointment, an overview of our Center and directions or virtual log-in information will be mailed to the address you provide
- Assessment: Through baseline cognitive testing, extensive interviewing and a thorough assessment of risk factors, you and your doctor will create an individualized care plan to optimize your brain health now and into the future
During your visit, your physicians will help you to compute a personalized IDEAL BRAIN CARE SCORE, which measures what you are already doing to protect your brain and prolong your brain health. We will then advise you on what you can do to improve your IDEAL BRAIN CARE SCORE. Based on what we learn about you, your family, your lifestyle and the stresses you face, we will determine what laboratory, imaging and other tests will be helpful to measure your risk of brain disease. A core part of your visit is extensive counseling and education regarding your risk factors and your opportunities for risk reduction. We will work with you to achieve your highest brain care score so you can maximize your potential for maintaining your brain health as you grow and thrive.
- Support: Being connected to the McCance Center, you will have access to our comprehensive network of brain health programs, including:
- Integrative therapies
- Diet & nutrition
- SMART Program at the Benson-Henry Institute
- Other innovative services at Mass General
- Research: McCance Center patients are at the core of our longitudinal research, helping us to learn how to eradicate brain disease before it starts. We look forward to introducing you to our research programs and our Biobank
- Follow-up: Most patients return for annual appointments in order to reassess their IDEAL BRAIN SCORE in light of changes in their health and wellbeing and be evaluated for any novel preventive treatments
Patient Gateway provides secure online access to your health information whenever you need it. Check upcoming appointments, communicate with your doctor’s office, review medications and pay medical bills—all seamlessly online 24/7.